Help and Discussion regarding DPF, EGR disable/delete done right. Stage 1 Tuning?

datachild

Hi Dear Members,
first of all my problem and how it all started in short form:
1. I bought a non starting 2007 W906.646 Sprinter 2. A friend mechanic did diagnose the Sprinter with C3 and he thought replacing an injector and cleaning DPF with liquimoly would do the trick. Thats why u bought the van, which even didnt start. 3. he changed 1 injector and the engine really started, but the smoke and smog were at a catastrophic level, and i could hear and feel the engine automatically throttling to max. (Please tell me if you know how and why this occurs). My mechanic friend was afraid to damage the motor and has turned the engine off. He thought maybe it has something to do with the DPF error or something. So we wanted to clean it first.
4. next day i let the DPF and Catalyst remove and both were empty! No DPF and Catalyst inside, both were cut open, the inside filter chiseled and the opening welded back together.
5. searched for DPF and Catalyst and almost impossible to find where i live (Mongolia)
- did a little research and found out that DPF can be disabled and it does the engine a favour by doing that. We have Euro3-4 fuel anyways and our exhaust regulation not that high compared to US
and EU
6. I am new to car modding and tuning but i have experience with computer hw and software
7. Done a little research and ordered china Kess v2, should arrive next week
8. So ofcourse i googled many times and read a few posts here and at mhhauto
9. I read that the EGR can and should be disabled too. I think my DPF is already deleted and i only need to disable. So no need to modify on DPF mechanical parts, since they already empty.
My questions:
1. How to proper delete EGR? Step by step information would be really nice.
2.Since i am tuning my Sprinter ECU, what other tuning modifications should be done besides DPF and EGR?
3. Does someone have 100% tested Sprinter ECU file? My ECU is “edc16cp31” , i have found someone who is willing to do DPF ecu edit for 30$. The 30$ is not the problem, but he does not have a Sprinter and that means he cant really test. But here maybe i can find real world user with sprinter and has a working solution already.
4. I am thinking of Stage 1 tuning, can anyone give advise on this thought? I have read that this includes a little boost and DPF, EGR disable already included.
5. My mechanic friend does intermediate diagnostic, repair and replace parts but he does not know about ECU/ECM flashing and the possibilities that come with it. We are thinking of testing this whole new tuning thingy on my Sprinter and if successful, maybe offering AdBlue, DPF, EGR service to MB owners here in my country. So i am looking for an experienced Teacher/Advisor here to guide me, when i have questions.

manwithgun

Hi Dear Members,
first of all my problem and how it all started in short form:
1. I bought a non starting 2007 W906.646 Sprinter 2. A friend mechanic did diagnose the Sprinter with C3 and he thought replacing an injector and cleaning DPF with liquimoly would do the trick. Thats why u bought the van, which even didnt start. 3. he changed 1 injector and the engine really started, but the smoke and smog were at a catastrophic level, and i could hear and feel the engine automatically throttling to max. (Please tell me if you know how and why this occurs).
What you are describing sounds like a “diesel runaway”, meaning that the engine has found an uncontrolled source of fuel to burn, either engine oil or diesel. This needs to be sorted BEFORE you consider and tuning options. I’m not familiar with the OM646 4-cylinder engine so I can’t advise on specifics. If this was an OM642 V6, I would say to start by removing the lower hose between the intercooler and throttle body and see if oil has pooled up in this area. Does any drain out? Oil from PCV or bad turbo can collect in intercooler and when sucked into the engine it becomes fuel which raises the rpms at an uncontrolled rate. You may want to start the engine without this hose to isolate the issue. This would remove the turbo and intercooler as a fuel source. Also check your engine oil level and see if it is diluted with diesel. I’ll let others chine in regarding injector tests. Diesel runaways cannot be taken lightly...

lindenengineering

The issue is a mute point on tuning or changing the emission system.
Being in Mongolia the fuel mostly imported from Russia is high in sulphur so it will poison any emission device installed.
Dennis

Top Bottom