Espar Diagnostic tool

onemanvan

I have the original ECU in my heater and am able to read and clear codes.
If you're controlling your heater with the overhead central electronic console then you most likely have the OEM ECU as well.
If that's the case then you might want to insure the blue diagnostic wire is connected as it should be under the drivers seat.
There should be a blue wire connected to a blue/white wire via a rectangular plug as pictured below:

IMG_0083.jpg

I've never heard of the issue wherein the heater output remains in low heat mode when high heat is required...
You might want to confirm that you have a good solid 12.4 volts or greater at the heater when the glow plug is drawing current.
Low voltage at the heater can lead to various problems...

For me replacing the burner tube corrected the white smoke issue.

Specifically see this thread:

In general review these threads:

FWIW: Reading codes probably won't shed much light on the white smoke issue...

mrweenus

05 Westy
I have the original ECU in my heater and am able to read and clear codes.
If you're controlling your heater with the overhead central electronic console then you most likely have the OEM ECU as well.
If that's the case then you might want to insure the blue diagnostic wire is connected as it should be under the drivers seat.
There should be a blue wire connected to a blue/white wire via a rectangular plug as pictured below:

View attachment 165783

I've never heard of the issue wherein the heater output remains in low heat mode when high heat is required...
You might want to confirm that you have a good solid 12.4 volts or greater at the heater when the glow plug is drawing current.
Low voltage at the heater can lead to various problems...

For me replacing the burner tube corrected the white smoke issue.

Specifically see this thread:

In general review these threads:

FWIW: Reading codes probably won't shed much light on the white smoke issue...
Thanks! I'll take a look for that blue wire, haven't heard of that in all the reading I've done on it. I ended up taking a peak inside the heater and they're was an obnoxious amount of carbon build up in the burner chamber and inner shell of the heater. Scrubbed it out with a wire brush and kerosene and heater is working perfectly with no more white smoke. Now I don't have to feel guilty when running the heater in parking lots haha :)

Top Bottom