Any dealer selling prepaid maintenance ?

coss370

Looking to buying those prepaid maintenance service for year 2-4, let me know if you have a lead that can do it. This is on a new sprinter, so I am guessing it would start in year 2 3 and 4

coss370

Maybe the first oil change, but there is no reason for 3000 or 5000 miles oil changes. Oil are synthetic now and there are 10 quarters in there, there is no need to waste perfectly good oil. I do agree 20K is probably a little bit much, but 10K is no problem. I live in an area with high cost, prepaid can really benefit me. That's why I am checking to see if I can get a discount. It's not that I want to pay dealership the money, but I have to do it for warranty purposes.

D

Deleted member 50714

IMG_4469.JPG
Maybe the first oil change, but there is no reason for 3000 or 5000 miles oil changes. Oil are synthetic now and there are 10 quarters in there, there is no need to waste perfectly good oil. I do agree 20K is probably a little bit much, but 10K is no problem. I live in an area with high cost, prepaid can really benefit me. That's why I am checking to see if I can get a discount. It's not that I want to pay dealership the money, but I have to do it for warranty purposes.
It all depends on who you talk to within Mercedes, engineers or marketing team.

This document basically says, "yeah you can go to 20,000 miles between oil changes. However, there are operating conditions that may warrant oil changes as low as 3000 miles. Yes sir says so right here. It's called a CYA or cover our ass so if consumer is stupid enough to try to sue us, we're gonna laugh.

In my humble opinion, 10,000 oil change is reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:

coss370

A car that gets driven harder will need to have oil change earlier than cars that are driven easier? It's nothing new. The 1 year 20K is a base line. If you race the car on track, get it done sooner. If you are driving normal, I am not seeing why I need to run out to the dealer every 3000 miles to replace 11 quarts of oil.

D

Deleted member 50714

A car that gets driven harder will need to have oil change earlier than cars that are driven easier? It's nothing new. The 1 year 20K is a base line. If you race the car on track, get it done sooner. If you are driving normal, I am not seeing why I need to run out to the dealer every 3000 miles to replace 11 quarts of oil.
Hey, I just SHARE the info. Up to consumers to decide whatever maintenance they deem acceptable.

I am just saying, the 20,000 mile oil change is not one size fits all.

Top Bottom