Compact yet comfortable folding chairs for Serenity

ssalaria

2020 Serenity
I hope everyone is doing well. I want to see based on your experience what would you recommend for a compact yet comfortable folding chair that would not take too much space in one of the outside cargo compartments of a Serenity.
Thank you!

I hope everyone is doing well. I want to see based on your experience what would you recommend for a compact yet comfortable folding chair that would not take too much space in one of the outside cargo compartments of a Serenity.
Thank you!
Are you thinking just chairs or a chair that offers an ottoman or elevated leg option? We have 2 folding chairs that fit nicely in the rear compartment. Don't have pics of them on me now but would be happy to take a couple when I get to the RV later this week.

ssalaria

2020 Serenity
I think without leg elevation. It’s 4 of us. 2 adults 2 teenage boys so everything is x4. :)
I have found some on Amazon they seem like a good fit but wanted to check with the experienced crew here for recommendations.
Thank you!

glasseye

Really important is to get chairs that have a front-to-back rail for the legs. Single point of contact legs are frail in uneven terrain.

Nothing changed my vanlife experience more than really good chairs. Don't be afraid to spend. :)

adsaxs

We recently purchased two FrontRunner Expander Camping Chairs from FrontRunnerOutfitters.com.
Haven't had them long enough to really comment but initially feel pretty good and they are certainly compact and fit in the back storage cabinet of our Serenity. A bit pricey but hope they will work out for us.

ssalaria

2020 Serenity
Thank you adsaxs.
I recently purchased Rock Cloud Portable Camping Chair Ultralight Folding Chairs Outdoor with Oversize Mesh and Legs Stabilizers for Camp Hiking Backpacking Lawn Beach Spo ($35 Amazon). These are compact chairs but I cant believe how comfortable they feel. Another advantage is if you are our on an adventure on a trail you can carry this chair with you. They collapse to a super compact size and weigh a whopping 2.3lbs :) The only thing I will say is that its a little getting used to getting in and out of these chairs. Its 4 of us so we couldn't afford to carry big chairs. If you want to avoid the getting in and out issue get the same chair with the higher back Rock Cloud Portable Camping Chair Ultralight High Back Folding Chairs Outdoor for Camp Hiking Backpacking Lawn Beach Sports, Blue ($46 Amazon).

borabora

Mr. Bills

Raconteur Emeritus
We recently purchased two FrontRunner Expander Camping Chairs from FrontRunnerOutfitters.com.
Haven't had them long enough to really comment but initially feel pretty good and they are certainly compact and fit in the back storage cabinet of our Serenity. A bit pricey but hope they will work out for us.

I have used a pair of FrontRunner Expander Chairs for several years. They are indeed well made, still look new, and I have yet to find a full size chair that folds as compactly. They are chairs, not recliners, and there may be a better option for slouching in a lounge chair around a campfire, but all things considered they are my "go to" chairs when storage space is at a premium.

Front Runner sells an optional storage bag, also a new larger version that hold two chairs:

1615044920601.png1615045023868.png

stefanrobin

I have used a pair of FrontRunner Expander Chairs for several years. They are indeed well made, still look new, and I have yet to find a full size chair that folds as compactly. They are chairs, not recliners, and there may be a better option for slouching in a lounge chair around a campfire, but all things considered they are my "go to" chairs when storage space is at a premium.

Front Runner sells an optional storage bag for folding chair manufacturer, also a new larger version that hold two chairs:

View attachment 173364View attachment 173365
Me and a friend of mine are going to have an Extended Lord of the Rings marathon in a couple weeks, and I currently only have one comfortable chair (my regular computer/office chair), so I'm looking for a good folding chair to use for the occasion. Any recommendations?

Top Bottom