Spotted Thread: Post a Pic of a Sprinter Van You Spotted...

lickwid

Learner
I've participated in similar threads in the past for other car forums. I've seen many recently driving around, but rarely can I get photos of them.

Saw this beauty in San Jose. Plates were "VANWYLD". Thought it was the rental based out of SF, but that one is a different sand color.
Vanwyld.jpg

Saw this one parked near my home in Hayward. Pretty decked out as well. Oregon plates, so might have been visiting friends here.
170Oregon_2.jpg170Oregon_1.jpg

Last edited:
That beast looks like it is ready for Iceland!

I remember watching a video of all they went through to put on 50" tires. The inside wheel wells were dramatically cut out and paneled back in costing quite a bit of interior space. Top speed was a round 50mph. For Iceland that is not a big deal.

It would be interesting to know what the top cruising speed on the highway is. Those look to be around 44" at the least. Where's the spare? haha

If one has to ask what the mpg's are, we cannot afford it. Any guesses? Single digits, me thinks.

RVBarry

That beast looks like it is ready for Iceland!

I remember watching a video of all they went through to put on 50" tires. The inside wheel wells were dramatically cut out and paneled back in costing quite a bit of interior space. Top speed was a round 50mph. For Iceland that is not a big deal.

It would be interesting to know what the top cruising speed on the highway is. Those look to be around 44" at the least. Where's the spare? haha
I zoomed in on the original pic...
46", 19.5/46-20LT

If one has to ask what the mpg's are, we cannot afford it. Any guesses? Single digits, me thinks.
Don't be silly; monster trucks are rated in Gallons per Mile. :rolleyes:

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
Post a Pic of a Sprinter Van You Spotted...

Picture taken during the process of a 2004 being spotted. I spotted it back in 2014.

BeforeDriverSide.jpg

Spotted T1N's are ubiquitous.

:cheers: vic

gltrimble

Stopped by the Furnace Creek Visitor Center in Death Valley today. On our way out, noticed a couple of Sprinters parked nearby. One of them appears to be @gltrimble
Yep, Baby Shamu and @sprinterPaul touring Death Valley. Camped at Hole in the Wall for two nights. Tonight camping at Trona Pinnacles. Great weather and so many Sprinters.

93E437D8-BB75-43C2-A45D-AB24070EAF58.jpeg

Last edited:

RVBarry

Heard rumors that Death Valley has recently prohibited backcountry camping. Website was updated January 4 and does say “no backcountry camping”. Anyone confirm?
Hi, California is also on a 120mi travel restriction.

EastBaySprinter

I stopped by the Roambuilt office while in Portland back in mid-November 2020 to pick up some sidesteps and a Chicane side ladder. My silver van is sitting on the left, alongside a nice pair of customer vans (one with ID plates and the other with CA).

Attachments

Slavy

2017 2500 4x4 6 cyl. with 20,000 miles
I camped in Death Valley in early March and the ranger gave me a map of where backcountry camping was allowed. Plenty of others out there as well.

Top Bottom