Spotted Thread: Post a Pic of a Sprinter Van You Spotted...

lickwid

Learner
I've participated in similar threads in the past for other car forums. I've seen many recently driving around, but rarely can I get photos of them.

Saw this beauty in San Jose. Plates were "VANWYLD". Thought it was the rental based out of SF, but that one is a different sand color.
Vanwyld.jpg

Saw this one parked near my home in Hayward. Pretty decked out as well. Oregon plates, so might have been visiting friends here.
170Oregon_2.jpg170Oregon_1.jpg

Last edited:
That beast looks like it is ready for Iceland!

I remember watching a video of all they went through to put on 50" tires. The inside wheel wells were dramatically cut out and paneled back in costing quite a bit of interior space. Top speed was a round 50mph. For Iceland that is not a big deal.

It would be interesting to know what the top cruising speed on the highway is. Those look to be around 44" at the least. Where's the spare? haha

If one has to ask what the mpg's are, we cannot afford it. Any guesses? Single digits, me thinks.

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
That beast looks like it is ready for Iceland!

I remember watching a video of all they went through to put on 50" tires. The inside wheel wells were dramatically cut out and paneled back in costing quite a bit of interior space. Top speed was a round 50mph. For Iceland that is not a big deal.

It would be interesting to know what the top cruising speed on the highway is. Those look to be around 44" at the least. Where's the spare? haha
I zoomed in on the original pic...
46", 19.5/46-20LT

If one has to ask what the mpg's are, we cannot afford it. Any guesses? Single digits, me thinks.
Don't be silly; monster trucks are rated in Gallons per Mile. :rolleyes:

gltrimble

2017 170 4x4
Heard rumors that Death Valley has recently prohibited backcountry camping. Website was updated January 4 and does say “no backcountry camping”. Anyone confirm?

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
Heard rumors that Death Valley has recently prohibited backcountry camping. Website was updated January 4 and does say “no backcountry camping”. Anyone confirm?
Hi, California is also on a 120mi travel restriction.

Slavy

2017 2500 4x4 6 cyl. with 34,000 miles
I camped in Death Valley in early March and the ranger gave me a map of where backcountry camping was allowed. Plenty of others out there as well.

gltrimble

2017 170 4x4
I camped in Death Valley in early March and the ranger gave me a map of where backcountry camping was allowed. Plenty of others out there as well.
The closure of all Death Valley camping including backcountry was only temporary starting in January, ending before March.

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
I was at Big Bear Expo too. A lot of very nice rigs there.
Below is Owl’s new Ultimate Storyteller van. New roof rack, built in light mounts at A pillar piece, allows solar wiring etc to be run through the tube and into the engine compartment or cab, instead of drilling through the roof. New side steps, beefy with a good step plate. They mentioned and took deposits on a new made in USA rear locker they are coming out with, lower rear diff gearset, and a few other performance goodies to help with acceleration, low end torque, engine management.
I believe the tires on this van are 35’s. Actual Ground clearance!
Not a color scheme I would choose, but a nice rig no less. My crappy pics don’t do it justice.

Attachments

Top Bottom