How is Sprinter-Source.com funded?

• Thread starter Deleted member 86082
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 86082

I don't see ads or a donation button on this site and am curious as to how it's funded.

sikwan

06 T1N Can
Change your Amazon bookmark to or type the below link into your browser and it's always "logged as"...

sprinter-source.com/amazon or
(sprinter-source.com/amazon redirects to --> https://www.amazon.com/?tag=sprintersou02-20)

...as long as it's within 24hrs, or you don't close/clear your browser cookies.

When I first access Amazon, I use a link that has the Unicef code included. I may browse Amazon for hours and the Unicef cide is still valid so that a percentage of all of my purchases goes to support kids in underdeveloped countries. I would use the sprinter-source/amazon link, but I'm not allowed to do that because it's kind of like getting my own discount.

RVBarry

Hi, FYIs, there are plug-ins for Xenforo that can add your affiliate code to ALL Amazon links posted in the forums.

marklg

Hi, FYIs, there are plug-ins for Xenforo that can add your affiliate code to ALL Amazon links posted in the forums.
I remove the first "?" and everything after from links just so no one else gets money for it. Sometimes there is lots of tracking info there that is not needed. I wonder what the plug-in does.

Regards,

Mark

RVBarry

I remove the first "?" and everything after from links just so no one else gets money for it. Sometimes there is lots of tracking info there that is not needed. I wonder what the plug-in does.

Regards,

Mark
Hi, My understanding is that they remove all other trackers and replace them with the site's tracker.

sikwan

06 T1N Can
Don't worry. I'm not going to implement it. For now let's just stick with adsense and the amazon redirecting link. They both already track users, but the latter being voluntary.

Besides, if we're worried about being tracked we shouldn't use the internet. Your ISP or VPN will turn you in before the authorities will even come to me. I feel better if everyone obfusgate themselves here. This way I don't have to waste my time trying to pretend I have any data on anyone here. :smilewink:

RVBarry

By the site tracker, I only meant your Amazon referrer code.

The plugin I've seen in use (on the mu-43 site) doesn't appear to do any other tracking.

sikwan

06 T1N Can
type this into your browser or save it as a bookmark...

sprinter-source.com/amazon

...the link above redirects you to an amazon url that includes the sprinter-source.com code at the end of the link. The link lasts for 24hrs or until you clear your browser cache.

Top Bottom