November production slot - how long until delivery?

Bjorgens

My van (2020 170 4WD crew) purportedly has an early November production slot in Charleston. Curious as to what folks’ experiences have typically been for delivery.

GLJones

Took mine 2 months....it varies widely so other's experiences won't translate to an accurate guesstimate for you. Dealer can track when it leaves the factory but it can take weeks for the delivery folks to drop it off at the dealership, usually with no tracking available.

GLJones

Charleston, yes. Takes longer if it has to ride the boat and get reassymbled in the US. Yes, they build them, take them apart, ship them, then rebuild them...all to avoid an ancient 'chicken tax' that would add thousands to the price. Google it if interested.

Pharkas

2020 Passenger 4x4 144
Charleston, yes. Takes longer if it has to ride the boat and get reassymbled in the US. Yes, they build them, take them apart, ship them, then rebuild them...all to avoid an ancient 'chicken tax' that would add thousands to the price. Google it if interested.
Your in florida and it still took 2 months? My dealer is still waiting for mine to ship to me in new york from the charlston plant. The van just seems to be sitting there in the plants lot.

Kanga

My completed Düsseldorf build has been abandoned at Auto Truck Upfitters In Charleston for 7 weeks.
MB distribution/transport company is apparently totally incompetent.
After it was discovered that they neglected to pick up my van and return it to the marshaling yard at the Charleston plant for dispatch to Pittsburgh for 4 weeks, they then mistakenly picked up a Freightliner from the upfitter and delivered it to my MB dealer in Pittsburgh.
He does not deal in Freightliners!
Is someone missing a 170 extended Freightliner? It’s in the ‘Burgh.
Meanwhile my van still sits in the upfitters lot in Charleston gathering dust.
Sooooo frustrating!

ctmcdaniel

Cross Member
I just picked up a custom 2020 144 4x4 with an October production date. It unexpectedly showed up at my dealer Oktober 1st.

ctmcdaniel

Cross Member
Delaware!

Van was purchased from American Bus and Sprinter in Annapolis MD. The Salesperson was Jack Leonard he was easy to deal with over the 3 years it took to get a custom order in with MB. The local MB dealerships were not responsive or useful. We actually never met nor did I visit the Dealer until I picked up the truck.

Their service shop was awesome and I believe that their shop rates are lower then MB.

Last edited:

Kanga

Wow! 3 years wait for a custom order! I’ve gotta commend your patience. I had to wait 7 months before a 4500 build was allotted to my dealer. Ordered in March, built early June in Düsseldorf, reassembled and ready for delivery mid August. From there it has been up to MB transportation to bring it to Pittsburgh.
The days go by, the weeks go by, the months go by. Nothing.
You had the long wait early in the process so I’m happy that delivery was fast for you.
Enjoy it!

Top Bottom