Put these on this weekend. :D

Jim Dow

17" EvoCorse rims with Mickey Thompson 17" 265/65 38 series tyres.
Looks good, rides quieter than the Coopers that came off it. Softer ride at 50 psi, but they have capacity up to 80 psi. Handling is a fraction spongy with understeer in turns, but all in all, not a lot of difference. I'll inflate them a bit more and see if it makes any difference, and let you know.
Jim.
IMG_4152.jpegIMG_4151.jpegIMG_4151.jpeg

Looks good but if those are new rims you need to go back to installer and show them how they scratched the rims installing the tires.

12 legs sprinting

Very nice, looks goods. Love the 17" rims.
I had been looking for tyres for some time. Very happy with the new toyo at2. Had to increase from 235/65/16 to 245/70/16 to get a LT, a/t tyre that meets the load rating. Very quiet tyre but as Jim said with a handling, currently running 50 psi. Cheers DavidIMG_20201001_130819.jpgIMG_20201001_130848.jpg

pommie

Hi David, new toyo at2 look good. l am looking at them to replace the worn OEM continental ones l have. Did you look at any other makes before going for the toyos? As l have a dually l would need to go to for a 205R16 LT tyre and there doesn't seem to be many AT options out there at a reasonable cost as l need 8 of them! (I have 2 spares) Thanks Peter

12 legs sprinting

Hi Peter, I couldn't find any LT a/t tyres at 235/65/16 the cost to replace the same continental tyre would have been $280 each.
I also looked at the BFG's, a/t, however they're apparently unavailable in Western Australia due to covid, also I have read that they are a little road noisy and can wear uneven, cannot confirm this.
The Toyo at2 245/70/16 were $219 each. Guaranteed for 80,000 kms. Had to go to 245 for the 118 load rating. 65 to 70 raised the ride height by about 15mm. They just fit, very tight on full Lock.
I am happy as Larry with them, been on our first 1000kms camping trip (went bush to get a good look at mars) road quiet and the larger tyre fixed my inaccurate Speedo. Best of all is that I have not yet lost trackion at the back.
I think you will be hard pressed to find a LT a/t tyre in a 205mm width. not available in Toyo here in the west, good luck with your search. Cheers David

pommie

Thanks David and great that you've managed to get away. I'm stuck in lockdown Melbourne so certainty won't be buying 8 tyres until I know we can get out of here! After checking with a shop here l should be able to get the toyos open country in 205R16 LT construction, but will have to wait to see. Cheers Peter

Top Bottom