Adblue related DTC's, CEL, Adblue low-level warning and No Start Countdown Messages.

Bobnoxious

GONE FISHING
Well, thank you, but it wasn't hard work at all, just a passionate maniacal mechanical enthusiast.

My small dopamine rush after five years of immersive Sprinter learning, that hopefully may save others thousands of dollars in unnecessary repair expenditures and vacation disruptions.

Not intending to sound pompous, but I find my production of this document extraordinary milestone, considering the date of publication, forum membership numbering in the tens of thousands, many with varying engineering disciplines. I guess no one looked?

Let me not forget to mention gaggle of a self-proclaimed Sprinter gurus.

What did they know and when did they know it?

And, if they didn't know it, why, when it is their job they must know?

They knew or should've known!!!

Meanwhile, I am looking foward if the OM 654 is planned for Sprinters.

Last edited:

bumpersignal

I just stumbled on your thread and find it perfect timing. I'm about to buy a '14 NCV3 RV ('15 roadtrek adventurous) and the main source of my anxiety until I pick it up has been the issue that you've apparently solved. So congrats to you for this amazing discovery. However, I tried reading through that document and it's way over my head. Can you dumb it down in a way that when I go to pick it up next week and drive it across the country, if I encounter the issue what should I do?

That said, as a precaution, I signed up for AAA RV roadside, and I am having the unit inspected by the Mercedes dealership service center.

If you have an advice to offer, would be greatly appreciated.

Bobnoxious

GONE FISHING
First, regardless of where, who serviced the vehicle, I would change engine and tranny fluids making certain fluids meets specs.

Don't panic if Check Engine Light illuminates. If no discernible performance degradation, continue driving, check code earliest convenience using scanner. Proceed as necessary.

Top-off? DEF every other fuel stop, use Kruise bottle. Learn to decipher DEF date code. Clean all DEF spills with copious amounts of water.

Buy Scan Gauge II, learn to monitor, recognize and avoid interrupting DPF regenerations.

Manually shift in city driving as you would a manual trans. Keep RPM's up.

Once all nice and warme-up, take for a 1/4 mile peddle to the metal to blow-out her pipes, allowing tranny do shifting.

Good luck.

bumpersignal

Manually shift in city driving as you would a manual trans. Keep RPM's up.
Once all nice and warme-up, take for a 1/4 mile peddle to the metal to blow-out her pipes, allowing tranny do shifting.
Do you mean that I should do this only if I encounter the countdown issue or do you mean I should always be doing this whenever I drive it?

Last edited:

Top Bottom