Plastic front bumper paint falling off

Is there any good fix for it?
:idunno:

The paint is aftermarket from the RV conversion company.

I know that Rustoleum and Krylon offer paint that is formulated/specified for plastics. As with all paint jobs, prep will be key to any new paint adhering properly.

:2cents: vic

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
+1 on Rustoleum spray paint. It doesn’t look to me like a primer was used. If you can clean off the majority of the old paint without ruining the bumper, using a primer will give longer lasting results, although spraying straight on the plastic has held up for well over a decade, so it may not be worth the effort.

sparkplug

...and use the old bumper to test different primer / paint combinations before doing it all 'for real' on the brand new one you just bought....

There are specific plastic primer paints which I've used with successful results - but it was also in combination with a paint specifically designed for plastic bumpers.

OK if you want black or grey, but not so good if you're looking for a colour match.

Bear in mind that your primer colour can affect your top coat colour - which is why a bit of experimentation on the old bumper might give you a better result.

For that price, it is a steal of a deal.

I doubt it is available for T1Ns, like so many other options on the market. I would like to be pleasantly surprised if these were available for T1Ns.

My go to solution is using a polyurethane truck bedliner product for a one time fix. It is one tough product that will last longer than some of us will be around.

The gray Herculiner I am using almost matches perfectly the factory gray plastic bumper covers.

For that price, it is a steal of a deal.

I doubt it is available for T1Ns, like so many other options on the market. I would like to be pleasantly surprised if these were available for T1Ns.

Aftermarket for T1N, but under 100 bucks.

vic

Top Bottom