Disposal of diesel from fuel filter change

Grouser

Live free,,, or die fighting for it,,,, no2 woke
Small amounts of diesel get into the motor oil of all diesel engines. Save it and put in next oil change waist,,, the parts store guru was clueless

D

Deleted member 50714

Aftershave, REAL MEN use it as aftershave. A real skin bracer I tell ya.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Find a neighbor with oil heat ... diesel #2 and home heating oil are pretty much the same product.
The furnace's filter will handle any particulate contaminants, and water's not a problem.

--dick

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
My hometown has often been described as rough, and some believe people are a product of their environment, I am a diamond in the rough.
I grew up in Richmond CA. Probably a place you would not even stop for fuel.
But that isn't what made my upbringing rough. We don't choose our parents. 'nough said.

D

Deleted member 50714

That is probably my favorite Neil Young song. I remember listening to it when I was the young man, rather than the old man.
Yes, certainly a dichotomy. Young to dumb, smart to old.

sprint2freedom

2008 NCV3 170ext
Its not really flammable though. You could keep it and use it for parts cleaning or engine degreasing i guess.
That's why "flammability" was in quotes ;)

Traveling full time I have nowhere to keep it aside from a cupholder, so saving it or waiting until my next oil change isn't really practical...

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
Then just strain it through a [used] P1 or P2 mask into your fuel tank.

Then just strain it through a [used] P1 or P2 mask into your fuel tank.
:thumbup:

Or don't create a contaminated piece of fabric and just dump it directly into a petrol can used for your lawn mower, or even into a petrol vehicle tank. It won't hurt anything either way. I've been running 50/1 gas oil mix from my 2 cycle outboard engine tanks in all of my small engines for decades now. My 4 cycle engines have never had any problems. The small quantity of filter diesel fuel is no problem.

vic

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
:thumbup:

Or don't create a contaminated piece of fabric and just dump it directly into a petrol can used for your lawn mower, or even into a petrol vehicle tank. It won't hurt anything either way. I've been running 50/1 gas oil mix from my 2 cycle outboard engine tanks in all of my small engines for decades now. My 4 cycle engines have never had any problems. The small quantity of filter diesel fuel is no problem.

vic
diesel doesn't mix with gasoline too well and might cost engine hesitation. It will not damage the engine, but performance will drop.
Bear in mind that lawnmowers operate at high rpm all the time, so slight misfire might go unnoticed. That will change if you run the engine at idle.

Top Bottom