Annoying p0105-028

Shaun321

Hi guys im new to the forum but im loving all the helfull people on here :) il start at the beginning then , so i own a 2002 t1n om 611 sprinter an iv recently been ragher annoyed with a limp home condidtion , code that keeps coming back is p0105 -028 map sensor plausabilty , iv checked all hoses , intercooler off an cleaned , changed map sensor but it is still there , if i cycle the key while driving the fault goes an the van drives great until i come to a stop ie the the van idle , as soon as it idles for a second you hear the engine change an the fault is back :( any help on this would be greatly appreciated thanks

Last edited:

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
There’s probably a fault in the wiring harness. The most common area for the wiring to rub is where the wire loom bends behind the fuel filter. Try carefully cutting the sheath and inspect the wires for signs of rubbing and exposed wires. A little electrical tape can fix a lot of Sprinter issues.

Shaun321

Hi brenn what wires are u reffering to ? The wires to the map sensor run straight from the sensor threw the bulkhead to the ecu

BrennWagon

Hi brenn what wires are u reffering to ? The wires to the map sensor run straight from the sensor threw the bulkhead to the ecu
Sorry, I was under the impression that they were part of the main wiring harness. I’d still recommend inspecting the wire run to the MAP sensor as you’ve already replaced the unit and assuming the plug connection is tight, the female connectors are snug, and the replacement is a good unit an electrical fault is the most likely reason for an implausible error code.

Shaun321

Ok thank you is there anywhere i can find a part number to make sure its the right sensor , i replaced it against the one that was on the vehicle but who knows it might of been the wrong one

BrennWagon

I just realized that you’re not in the US. Check with your local MB parts department for the correct part number, they keep amazing records, all you need is you VIN and they can find everything you could ever want to know.

sailquik

Shaun,
Where did you source the MAP sensor? MB Sprinter dealer or aftermarket?
Do they have the same Mercedes Benz Part number?
Start a conversation with sailquik (RH side of the blue bar at the top here Use the envelope icon) .
Send me a photo of the capacity plate on the driver's seat box with the VIN # and I will check out
which MAP sensor you need and if there are any updates/revisions.
I will send you the full OEM Build Data for your Sprinter with all the options that were included
in the original assembly of your Sprinter.
Roger

Shaun321

Shaun,
Where did you source the MAP sensor? MB Sprinter dealer or aftermarket?
Do they have the same Mercedes Benz Part number?
Start a conversation with sailquik (RH side of the blue bar at the top here Use the envelope icon) .
Send me a photo of the capacity plate on the driver's seat box with the VIN # and I will check out
which MAP sensor you need and if there are any updates/revisions.
I will send you the full OEM Build Data for your Sprinter with all the options that were included
in the original assembly of your Sprinter.
Roger
Did you get my msg buddy

sailquik

Did you get my msg buddy
Hi Shaun,
Yes, I got your message/conversation and have replied to you.
In the photo you sent the VIN # is illegilble.
Please send me a better photo to confirm your VIN #.
Cannot enter the Daimler Int'l Vehicles database without a valid VIN #.
The number on the capacity plate seems to be a FIN #.
Is there any other number on your Sprinter.
The number I get from your photo is WDB903366XXXXXXXXX
The VIN # would be something like WDB x a letter or 2 then the last 7 numbers.
Roger

Last edited:

Top Bottom