Bed comfort

eralimited57

2008 Sprinter 2500 170 Extended High Top 3.0L CRD
I removed my rear stock Winnebago couch/power bed for the very reason you have posted it was terribly uncomfortable when lowered for a bed.

I built platforms with storage underneath and put 8 inches of foam on top so now I have two beds with an isle between.

Like sleeping on a cloud. I built the platforms so the backs can be raised like a chaise lounge for watching the flatscreen.

LindaDV

We use a two inch mattress topper on the fold down sofa. Tuft and Needle has one with a cover. We fold it back with the other bedding to set the sofa up.

Last edited:

marklg

We have a polyfill mattress topper on the fold down sofa that is pretty comfortable. Those can be put back in the bag they came in and stored strapped to a wall somewhere. Foam never fits back into where it came from.

Regards,

Mark

timothy s

I removed my rear stock Winnebago couch/power bed for the very reason you have posted it was terribly uncomfortable when lowered for a bed.

I built platforms with storage underneath and put 8 inches of foam on top so now I have two beds with an isle between.

Like sleeping on a cloud. I built the platforms so the backs can be raised like a chaise lounge for watching the flatscreen.
How wide are the twin beds?

eralimited57

2008 Sprinter 2500 170 Extended High Top 3.0L CRD
They are about 31" wide that leaves about 8 inches to walk the isle. The pedestals are about 28" wide so the foam overhangs by about 3 inches which gives some cushion on the legs when walking down the isle.

Last edited:

Top Bottom