First mod recommendations please

Eric Experience

weedub.
The description I gave is correct, I do not go by the photo, I have 4 of that model in stock. Kieth will be able to confirm that. You would be foolish to buy anything from Van Compass, Their products are crude and are not needed. Eric.

weedub

2004 Ex-RAAF Ambo 316 CDI, 5 Speed, ZG3
Any ideas where I can pick up a set of the Fiat Ducato 16" steel rims? I'm in WA btw but happy to source from anywhere
Are they the same offset of the stock 15" rims?
I am keen on the 245/75R16 tyre option and to be honest, I would prefer 16x6.5 rather than 16x6 but can't seem to find rims like that easily. Any advice?

Aussie 2002 4x4

make sure you get Ducato MAXI for the weight...from memory Merc 15" has an ET of 75 and Maxi has an ET of 68

you can try to source them from motorhome builders who often put aftermarket wheels on their builds and have unused steel wheels to get rid of
or
wreckers - don't know of ones out west - over this way there's a wrecker in Nth Albury that advertises on Gumtree

Last edited:

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
Yep 245 is getting pretty wide for a 6" rim. If you want wider you will have to go aftermarket alloy$$$. Eric runs 235/85/16 on his t1n 4x4 fleet on ducato maxi steelies. The ducato offset difference is in the correct direction for going to taller overall diameter tyres.

The extra footprint from the bigger diameter 235s would be better than going wider i reckon.

weedub

2004 Ex-RAAF Ambo 316 CDI, 5 Speed, ZG3
Agreed, larger diameter is the priority.

I'd like to model this before deciding. Do you where I can get the stock Fender Clearance, Wheel Clearance and Suspension Clearance, Scrub Radius as per this pic?

2020-09-26_LI.jpg

owner

Can't you measure it on yours? The 4x4 has a 2" lift over my 2WD T1N. I only had to trim the front mudflaps a bit to fit 225/75/16 on mine. I believe Eric had to do some actual metal surgery to the wheel arch corners to fit his 235/85/16s on a 4x4 T1N

owner

Yes the FASP ones are compatible with suspension seats I have them in mine. You have to get them from the UK though.

GinnyD

Yes the FASP ones are compatible with suspension seats I have them in mine. You have to get them from the UK though.
I was looking at the FASP swivels and the UK websites dont mention they work with suspension seats. Did you have to modify the swivel at all? Just looking for a passenger side for a 2008 with suspension seats.

owner

Mines a T1N. The fasp swivels work fine on stock T1N suspension seats. I have no idea about your NCV3.

Top Bottom