Water Pump strainer on 2016 MB

cbaarch

2016 Unity MB
Not only did I read the Owner's Manual which the previous Owner provided and I downloaded; I have a paper version of all the components which the previous owner had in a 2" - 3-ring binder. I also watched the video by Dean and Brad on MyLTV where at 1:45 Brad talks about cleaning the strainer. http://help.leisurevans.com/en/articles/1617786-unity-interior-bathroom-outlets
I also have the original list of the components that were installed in the unit and signed off by each installer in the plant. That list that does include the water pump.

When you are new to RVing, the learning list is really really long so things like not having a strainer gets lost much like too many trees in the forest.

At the end of the day, the Unity I now own, does not have a strainer.
I will be installing a strainer at the intake to the pump as shown on the Pentair - Shurflo Installation and Operation Manual.
By reading the installation instructions I discovered that Sealers and Teflon tape should not be used as it might cause over tightening and strip the thread. Good thing I read that one, as using Teflon tape was on my list of questions.

TJLee089

2013 Itasca Reyo 25R
A "standard" RV pump is an on/off device. When the outlet pressure goes to about 50 psi, it shuts off. When the outlet pressure drops to about 30 psi, it turns on. When the flow is low, this can happen very quickly. An accumulator can spread out the on/off cycle. A bypass pump runs continuously and uses an internal recycle to maintain a constant outlet pressure regardless of flow. The on and off occur much closer to about 50 psi. An accumulator adds nothing.

msmolow

2019 Unity CB / 2018 Chas
This controller significantly reduced my low volume water pump hammering.

rver2be

2019 Unity FX
This controller significantly reduced my low volume water pump hammering.
msmolow,
Thanks for the link. The videos are impressive. After our maiden three week trip, I realized we need something for the pump. Did you install this yourself?

msmolow

2019 Unity CB / 2018 Chas
It's a very easy install. The kit comes with everything you need. If you search on this forum and the Facebook page you'll find installation pictures and almost universally great reviews.
My write up is here:

hoosierrun

It's a very easy install. The kit comes with everything you need. If you search on this forum and the Facebook page you'll find installation pictures and almost universally great reviews.
My write up is here:
Thanks, I just did an install. In my case there were a few minor problems, but Terry is taking care of me with his great customer service, patience, and concern. My assembled pressure sensor had a slight leak in it (drip once in a while). He is replacing it and shipped it out the day we talked. I had to make a profile change since my 2016 unit has a water tank. These come setup from the factory for tankless or Truma type water heater. It is not to difficult to change the profile, but I needed a strong pair of reading glasses along with the recommended toothpick to change the switches. A steady hand helps too. LOL. Finally, I had to make an adjustment on my Shurflo water pump to reduce the cycling. In the end, this going to work out good. One plus, is that it disables the pump if it is running a long time at low pressure. I can't be the first to accidentally leave the pump on when filling the tank with city water and having it run continuously. There is a setting that disables long dry runs.

Top Bottom