Maintaining Chassis Battery

2011Winnie24J

Thanks for all the replies.

This is first off site storage, and I won’t have access to shore power?

My ‘12 has no AC outlets. It sounds like my best bet is to d/c power at the gas pedal,.........although I sure wish I didn’t have to go through that drill, and risk things not rebooting and resetting properly. I appreciate the other ideas, but we have no electrical know how or capacity here!

Thanks again, Mates.

D

Deleted member 50714

I simply shared what has worked flawlessly for me for 7 years and is consistent with the owner's manual.
Skating on thin ice maybe?

My experience, the price of towing is always exactly DOUBLE the cost of the most expensive battery.

Shalom my excellent brothers and may your Sprinters always start!

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
Back to the original question, Trik-L-Start is the one and done, no action necessary on a regular basis solution.
I actually used the "Amp-L-Start, 15 amp vs. 5 for the little brother. But it is probably overkill.
Simple to install, and it just works in the background without any owner input.

TJLee089

2013 Itasca Reyo 25R
I also have no shore power when stored. My advice: read the manual for the battery disconnect/reconnect procedure and follow it. The only thing I've ever had to reset manually when reconnecting is the clock. It's not a big deal.

My ‘12 has no AC outlets. It sounds like my best bet is to d/c power at the gas pedal,.........although I sure wish I didn’t have to go through that drill, and risk things not rebooting and resetting properly. I appreciate the other ideas, but we have no electrical know how or capacity here!

Thanks again, Mates.

2011Winnie24J

But,...........as an easier alternative.......I now wonder if I can get a triklcharge where I can clip it to house terminals,......,and then Plug into that “constant on” cigar lighter under the ashtray........now THAT would be an installation I’m capable of?

Winterbagoal

2018 Winnebago Navion 24V on a 2017 Cab Chassis

Thanks again, Mates.
If the storage isn't covered, maybe one of those small 25W-50W (with charge controller?) portable panels could keep the chassis up during storage? I know what you mean about not wanting to disconnect it at the foot well.

Top Bottom