Taking new Sprinter to Baja Norte

D

Deleted member 50714

They’re already exists travel warning advisories. What chaps my hide, people ignore them, get into trouble and then expect the Government (taxpayers) to come running to the rescue. They are called Bandidos for a reason. Maybe 40-years ago it was safer then now.

Probably more recent ones available I didn’t look. Probably goes under reported. Not good for the tourist industry down there.

turbo911

They’re already exists travel warning advisories. What chaps my hide, people ignore them, get into trouble and then expect the Government (taxpayers) to come running to the rescue. They are called Bandidos for a reason. Maybe 40-years ago it was safer then now.

Probably more recent ones available I didn’t look. Probably goes under reported. Not good for the tourist industry down there.

just an average night in pay for prisons and county jails here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any one can point to circumstances where someone was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

After over 45 years of traveling in Baja, I will say the locals are the most giving and generous people, and salt of the earth truly applies. If one has trouble on the road, who do you think stops to help out in any way they can? Gringo's pass by without a care, for the most part.

Following simples rules like not driving at night should be observed. Decades go I would drive at night to get to the surf all the earlier. Decades ago being the point.

Cattle love the roads and the side of the roads. Black cows especially are hard to see. Plus, why would anyone want to miss out on the singularly and dramatic landscapes along the way? My surf based reasons decades go notwithstanding.

I enjoy the ride each time all the more now that I don't miss out on the landscapes that are like nowhere else in certain places.

I have never felt threatened in all this time. A little common sense can go a long way. When it is deemed safe again to travel and not spread this virus, I will be there sharing the Baja magic with some more friends.

My opinion is worth just that and nothing more. We are all, or should be, armchair travelers for the time being.

Top Bottom