20 horse power difference !

Farfrumwork

Check out Owl Vans drag race between a Renntech tuned Revel and a Stock tuned Revel.

The Renntech jumps off the line (like most would want when they press the skinny pedal).

Both are still S L O W ⏳ - lol

Although 4mph gain in the 1/4mi is substantial!

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
but.
Check out Owl Vans drag race between a Renntech tuned Revel and a Stock tuned Revel.

The Renntech jumps off the line (like most would want when they press the skinny pedal).

Both are still S L O W ⏳ - lol

Although 4mph gain in the 1/4mi is substantial!

your warranty!

lindenengineering

What?
To win the traffic lights GP?
Yes of course, and its all good fun & games as you re enact those school boy pranks in the toilet of yesteryear , like "My dick is bigger than yours", but now as a grown man!
Well!
The issue is of course that you are now faced with some serious financial consequences if you can't stop this tin box that has pi$$ poor brakes for the speed its capable of ex works. So lets call it "adequate" shall we for the standard production size and weight shall we for sake of argument .

So what if you have a serious mishap perhaps a collision with maybe fatalities involved with this power increase installed ?
Oh "Sorry dude couldn't stop" is rarely a sufficient defense in law when you get sued, bearing in mind that the USA is the most litigious country in the world.

Now I have already mentioned that you almost negate any warranty that might exist if the van is new, but what about your insurance coverage?
Previously I hinted on this subject a vendor, product liability, and everything that geos with it , but as an end user well???
Its always wise to check whether your policy coverage on anything & by that its just being prudent on anything of value!
,But.
There are insurance company get outs leaving anyone financially exposed to serious litigation should you NOT DISCLOSE , in the event of a major claim.
Now don't take my words for it, here is the blurb in black & white:-

It useful to read and inwardly digest this information, simply because after out have got out of the thing following a serious collision now wearing the all to familiar fashion base ball cap on your head with cheap sunglasses on the top, (looking a human version of Mallard duck) ,the excuse "Oh sorry "Dude couldn't stop" really has is of No Value.
Dennis

Farfrumwork

No one would tune a sprinter for ‘racing’. Getting off a stop light within some reasonable reaction time is a safety issue if anything.
This ‘couldn’t stop’ fantasy is ludicrous. It’s still speed limited, and being able to accelerate (kind of) like a modern vehicle doesn’t mean that one would travel in excess of the speed limit all the time (if you didn’t before). Slightly more power doesn’t reduce braking ability...

lindenengineering

Well you can spin the rear wheels already without too much provocation.
And !!
Then there's the "mystery" of ESP/traction lights prematurely illuminated!
Sometimes with that, its accompanied with a power limp mode loss & no gear shift..
Frequently affecting 3500 chassis based cab derivatives & 4x4 vans
Often you need to scan and clear those codes to get the lights to go out as the ESP BIG RED Triangle is forced to extinguish itself by scan tool and remove the limp mode .

In a number of cases it includes the mystery of wheel speed sensors that have to be changed to get it to behave for a few miles.
We have a dossier on this annoying expensive problem and the types f failures & related causes ,BUT one thing don't spin the wheels too much because it can seriously affect forward movement.
Dennis

126v8

No one would tune a sprinter for ‘racing’. Getting off a stop light within some reasonable reaction time is a safety issue if anything.
This ‘couldn’t stop’ fantasy is ludicrous. It’s still speed limited, and being able to accelerate (kind of) like a modern vehicle doesn’t mean that one would travel in excess of the speed limit all the time (if you didn’t before). Slightly more power doesn’t reduce braking ability...
Amen sir

I want to tune mine (not delete), and likey will once my warranty is up.

But what it really needs is a better transmission tune. I’d like some better street performance, and more aggressive 4x4 operation (when in 4x4 Low perhaps).
Same here, the "tuning" and "drivability" of the 5 speed trans especially in the mountains or stop and go driving, well, frankly sucks. Always short shifts in first gear (moderate to light gas pedal) and bogs down going into second gear. Similar in other up-shifts, but less noticeable.

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
Grant, do you have any numbers on improved MPG? If so, could you please let us know. I am curious if it helps more at Highway speeds vs around town, as well as towing. Thanks!
I saw 2 mpg, as a few others have as well. at 75 mph

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
Thank you for your feedback. Also, do you know if it changes the speed limiter/governor?
It does not. Dealer has to hard code it and Germany is not authorizing it at all I'm told by multiple dealers. 93 mph is what I see

hilld

93 mph is hella fast for a heavy van. Might have to attach a drag racing parachute to help stop that in an emergency or deploy some anchors. 🙃

Top Bottom