20 horse power difference !

Raymond Brown

Differences in 2017 314 and 316 is it same engine and different mapping or do they have some physical difference ie bigger turbo ?

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
I mean, you can get even more with an actual tune on any of them

Saw 75 ftlb on my van

CactusJackSlade

Saw 75 ftlb on my van
Is this a different method that Green Diesel Engineering?... I am looking for anything to make mine drive better and have more power. I know GDE got put through the wringer by the EPA, what should I know if I am located in California?

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
Is this a different method that Green Diesel Engineering?... I am looking for anything to make mine drive better and have more power. I know GDE got put through the wringer by the EPA, what should I know if I am located in California?
This one isnt a delete, just a tune.

It has the option to revert to OEM tune within minutes for any reason you may need.

SD26

2012 NCV3 3500
This one isnt a delete, just a tune.

It has the option to revert to OEM tune within minutes for any reason you may need.
Grant, I saw you had those.

Are they installed only by you or another RENNtech dealer? Or is it something that can be user installed, removed...like the old SuperChips tuners.

126v8

Saw 75 ftlb on my van
How ?

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
Grant, I saw you had those.

Are they installed only by you or another RENNtech dealer? Or is it something that can be user installed, removed...like the old SuperChips tuners.
User installed. I encode the dongle and send it out to you!

126v8

If it will be reliable this will be real good
400 lb ft with maybe upper 200 bhp?Nice
What are the downsides?

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
If it will be reliable this will be real good
400 lb ft with maybe upper 200 bhp?Nice
What are the downsides?
Nothing really. The only limiting factor is the turbo. Larger turbo and we can do more. We are working on a 450ft lb tq to the wheels tune with a larger turbo next. The engine itself has TONS to give. bottle neck is in other places. This is a relatively conservative tune.

126v8

Nothing really. The only limiting factor is the turbo. Larger turbo and we can do more. We are working on a 450ft lb tq to the wheels tune with a larger turbo next. The engine itself has TONS to give. bottle neck is in other places. This is a relatively conservative tune.
That is another animal altogether.Surely void your warranty etc
If the Renntech tune is reliable 400lb ft should suffice .
Dennis,where you at?

Top Bottom