Transmission won’t shift.

altide8

My 2006 sprinter sat for about a month because the alternator was toast. I got a new alternator and battery yesterday. Install went fine on that. I’m getting good charge to the battery. Now my transmission won’t shift. I can’t even change it manually. Where would you guys start?

maxzoom

2006 T1N 118" + 2006 T1N 140" + 2005 T1N 118"
In the fault code list for engine OM647 from 2004-2006 in the ECM there is;
2225 EGS {TCM} transmission control unit Voltage supply of the speed sensors is interrupted or is out or range (Detail, cause, or remedy)

Just try clearing code 2225 and restart?

altide8

In the fault code list for engine OM647 from 2004-2006 in the ECM there is;
2225 EGS {TCM} transmission control unit Voltage supply of the speed sensors is interrupted or is out or range (Detail, cause, or remedy)

Just try clearing code 2225 and restart?
I tried clearing it. It just comes back.

D

Deleted member 50714

Do cheaper things first. Check grounds, unplug clean selector module.

D

Deleted member 50714

Are we talking shifting like 2-3 only limp, or the shifter won’t move? If it’s the shifter that won’t move then yes I agree with you
I dunno, Insufficient data. Sounds like can't move shift lever.

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
Altide8: note that code p2225-1 is coming from your ENGINE module.
So the Transmission module is telling the Engine module that there is an existing fault... but: the TCM doesn’t clear its codes, so when you clear the code from the ECM it has no effect on the status of the stored TCM code, and the ECM code will reappear.

You’ll want to go into the Read/Clear Codes menu for the Electronic Transmission Control Module (or whatever the iCarsoft calls the NAG1 trans controller?) and read/clear the codes from there. Assuming this was caused by your low-voltage event, the codes should then stay cleared. If there are other underlying issues you’ll need to continue your diagnostics, and the TCM fault codes you read should provide you a direction to pursue. If there’s a wiring issue (rodent damage? wet/leaking 13-pin connector socket?) I would expect to find something like code 260x stored in the EGS/TCM fault list?

-dave

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 50714

MONDAYS

:drink: :smilewink: :drink::drink::dance::dance: :dance::dance::thud::snore::snore:

May all of your actions be grounded towards goodwill to all.

IMG_4104.JPG

D

Deleted member 50714

Altide8: note that code p2225-1 is coming from your ENGINE module.
So the Transmission module is telling the Engine module that there is an existing fault... but: the TCM doesn’t clear its codes, so when you clear the code from the ECM it has no effect on the status of the stored TCM code, and the ECM code will reappear.

You’ll want to go into the Read/Clear Codes menu for the Electronic Transmission Control Module (or whatever the iCarsoft calls the NAG1 trans controller?) and read/clear the codes from there. Assuming this was caused by your low-voltage event, the codes should then stay cleared. If there are other underlying issues you’ll need to continue your diagnostics, and the TCM fault codes you read should provide you a direction to pursue. If there’s a wiring issue (rodent damage? wet/leaking 13-pin connector socket?) I would expect to find something like code 260x stored in the EGS/TCM fault list?

-dave
Dave, where the hell were you 14 posts ago? :smilewink:

Top Bottom