Bilstein front strut. Is there a B6 (Can't find one) or only the black B4?

bcolins

2004 158" Vista Cruiser
Was thinking that there was a B4 and a B6 front strut for the T1N Sprinters. I didn't see one listed on Europarts site,....I emailed them, and this is the response:

"Hate to say but I don't think companies are interested in manufacturing systems like that for an older Sprinter."

This doesn't answer the question, but it does give some dimensions that may help with a cross over part.

vic

bcolins

2004 158" Vista Cruiser
Bilstein B6 for our cars, 1 inch shorter than stock

Just watched the video on the link you supplied. It says that the B4 is OE replacement, B6 is standard ride height with sport feel, and B8 is the shorter shock to use with lowered suspensions.

ddragon76

I ordered said struts, and installed them, and they were 1 inch shorter than stock. The ride is nice, firm, and predictable

bcolins

2004 158" Vista Cruiser
No, they were already installed by the prior owner along with the Hellwig sway bar and B6 on the rear.
So quessing you were looking for the B6 because you did not feel like the B4 front and B6 rear with the Hellwig roll bar was offering adequate control of your RV?

bcolins

2004 158" Vista Cruiser
B8 is not available for our cars. I have ordered B6, and it was and inch shorter than the original strut.
Where did you find your B6 Strut,....I can't find one anywhere (yet). Also, How did the inch shorter shock work,.....wondering how that would work with the standard spring,.......does the van sit lower in front? (Limited by the length of the shock?)

rv-sprinter

07 Winn View 23J - 06 T1N (NAFTA)
So quessing you were looking for the B6 because you did not feel like the B4 front and B6 rear with the Hellwig roll bar was offering adequate control of your RV?
Yeah, the front end seems to have a little too much rebounding on the larger bumps on the roads I've been traveling. The rear rocks more than I like on entering/leaving fuel stations, etc. I'm going to switch to the Fox 2.5 rear shocks eventually.

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
Yeah, the front end seems to have a little too much rebounding on the larger bumps on the roads I've been traveling. The rear rocks more than I like on entering/leaving fuel stations, etc. I'm going to switch to the Fox 2.5 rear shocks eventually.
You may benefit more from Sumo Springs bump stops than from fancy shocks. They’re made for heavily loaded vans (RVs) and are supposed to help with the issues you’re describing.

Top Bottom