Super Simple AdWagon table

erik.wahlstrom

This turned out to be super simple and a really nice addition to the van. The AdWagon kit has waist height L-track. Just the right height for a second row table (Ok 2nd row if you move the seats back). I wanted a simple/removable table so I built this:

IMG_8199.jpeg
It's an Ikea Tolken bamboo countertop:

1600272114172.png

And this Richelieu Hardware Leg

1600272191325.png

Plus a piece of aluminum angle and 2 l-track thumb screw bolts. All up it took ~30mins to assemble.

lickwid

Learner
Looks really good. My plan is to have a lagun table in the same area, with a second mount towards the back.

judah8750

This turned out to be super simple and a really nice addition to the van. The AdWagon kit has waist height L-track. Just the right height for a second row table (Ok 2nd row if you move the seats back). I wanted a simple/removable table so I built this:

View attachment 153680
It's an Ikea Tolken bamboo countertop:

View attachment 153678

And this Richelieu Hardware Leg

View attachment 153679

Plus a piece of aluminum angle and 2 l-track thumb screw bolts. All up it took ~30mins to assemble.
Where do you stash the table when it's down? I did a Lagun there but needed to add a little bump out so it would swivel and work correctly.

Attachments

erik.wahlstrom

I'm going to replace the mounting bracket and add a piano hinge. That will allow me to stow it in the back attached to the l-track while collapsed. If you wanted it a little smaller you could fold it up against the wall where it mounts.

hdaniels

I'm going to replace the mounting bracket and add a piano hinge. That will allow me to stow it in the back attached to the l-track while collapsed. If you wanted it a little smaller you could fold it up against the wall where it mounts.
It would be cool to see a few photos when it's done. Thanks!

kper

I feel like I'm stealing all your ideas (this and the audio setup!). This worked out fantastic for us -- I cut a leftover 11" wide strip of butcher block and routed the edges to make a mini workstation/table for the kids while we are driving. Perfect size to set laptop/ipad/draw/etc on while still easy to stow away.

Thanks for the great idea.

Vanguy5

This is awesome. How did it turn out with piano hinge? Do you have any pics?
Also, would you mind linking the leg you used?

jmole

Where do you stash the table when it's down? I did a Lagun there but needed to add a little bump out so it would swivel and work correctly.
Where did that rear seat come from? It looks vaguely like the transit seats I have, but not exactly the same.

Baldwin

I can’t speak for the OP but I store my table in a padded bag on my Flatline Van Co Headliner Shelf.

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
Where did that rear seat come from? It looks vaguely like the transit seats I have, but not exactly the same.
If you’re talking about the seat in post 3, it appears to be a NCV3 Sprinter 2 seat conversion from a 3 seat.
They’re relatively common, and there are at least a couple forum threads on the conversion process.

Top Bottom