Lowered Death Rates Continue?

Weelittlenomads

Vintage Airstream convert to Mother Mercedes
What said therapies are you referring to?- just curious since the ones I am using are not FDA approved yet? Nor do they always work - the death rate is not the only metric that matters is my point - the system has a very difficult time dealing with current levels of use for traumas, chronic illness management, psychiatric emergency services, ect.. The misinformation from WH is whats manipulating the election and economy plain and simple. Denying science is manipulating our economy hiding the true cost of certain businesses - putting deniers in charge of scientific bodies is manipulation ie EPA and NOAA - Im sure DT has a great plan to help the climate and that's why he left the only standing group trying to do something about it on a global political scale.

ECU

Not again. Can you please just go back and read?
Vits. A, B, C, D plus Zinc. Keep your immune system up.
If you get it; Regular flu medicines. Niquil, vics vaporub, antihistamines, decongestants and so on.
England is having good results with steroids.
HCQ has decent results around the world.

I see NOTHING about staying healthy to avoid it. My doctor even said that they were being prevented from recommending such.
If you get it, fight it using over the counter tools. That is what I did.
Since you're on the front line, what are you doing beyond oxygen? Nothing?

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
If you get it; Regular flu medicines. Niquil, vics vaporub, antihistamines, decongestants and so on.

I see NOTHING about staying healthy to avoid it. My doctor even said that they were being prevented from recommending such.
You are already on record stating that you were never tested for Covid-19.

flman

Masks cause bacterial pneumonia...
The misinformation from WH is whats manipulating the election and economy plain and simple. Denying science is manipulating our economy hiding the true cost of certain businesses - putting deniers in charge of scientific bodies is manipulation ie EPA and NOAA - Im sure DT has a great plan to help the climate and that's why he left the only standing group trying to do something about it on a global political scale.
Okay so you have an agenda, no more need to respond to me. Thanks for letting me know.

flman

Yes always best to use common sense vitamins and your immune system. There is going to be a lot of sick people in a years time that weakened their immune systems. The lock downs only dragged it on and made it worse. In the poorest parts of India over 5 million got it, and they are now immune. The wealthy areas are lagging like us.

ECU

Post and delete. Thanks for quoting that Fl. Where does science fit into false numbers? What I notice is that they didn't respond at all to the question: what are you doing beyond oxygen?
Sounds like some place to go to die rather than science and health.

rollerbearing

As an ICU nurse working with the sickest Covid patients since March... I can assure you this is no hoax - it is not that everyone who gets it will die but the strain on our system it causes is the problem - many patients do not need to be intubated but do need oxygen via hi flow nasal cannula for weeks at a time - these are your average 40 something year olds with no real history to speak of- I'm all for getting out there responsibly but to deny the severity of what's happened globally would be naive - trust real science not news channels that only tell you what you want to hear. We need to open up the economy for sure but if people deny the severity of this (and dont follow basic principals that benefit everyone) then it is a slippery slope when you start opening up.
Thank you, your coworkers, and your families for doing the work you do. You are in the worst thick of it and are appreciated!

Weelittlenomads

Well if you're looking to get informed I can email you Covid treatment plan from the US Department of Defense @ECU - I agree that prevention is the best medicine but your solution is not possible to get the masses "healthy" - supplements are very expensive and many people don't have the opportunity to spend on preventative or even curative healthcare - most in poverty are there because of the costs associated with healthcare later in life - there are many complex issues at play.

Q: What are we doing besides Oxygen? A: We are EXPERIMENTING with many modalities of treatment - convalescent plasma - or plasma from someone who has had Covid 19 - not proven to be effective but has shown some improvement for some patients - we are also using Remdesvir - an anti-viral (not approved by the FDA ) but is under an emergency use order. Dexamethasone as mentioned is basically always ordered as well. Positioning of the patient is also showing some improvement - basically laying on your stomach in the "prone" position - it can be effective for stable patient receiving oxygen or our sickest that are ventilated requires 4+ nurses and respiratory therapists to do.

These are the sickest patients I have ever treated - the really sick ones -( EMT of 6 years and a trauma ICU nurse for 7) - been travel nurse at 17 contracts now- These patients require more sedation than any population of patients seen before - this is one major reason it is so hard to treat - we basically have to use IV paralytics to stop your diaphragm from trying to move (in other words... breathing ) then on top of using paralytics we use every sedative we have to keep you down. Otherwise you buck the ventilator and turn blue and die. So what are we doing besides oxygen - come look for yourself. Not sure what your profession is but I doubt I know more about it.

This is all new and the verdict is not out. You seem pretty made up on it.

Weelittlenomads

and for all of you impatiently waiting for a response I am so sorry to make you wait- I am getting ready for my night shift... in the icu… taking care of Covid patients.

The WH diverted all the data from the CDC basically negating the effectiveness of the body that is used to deal with this issue - seemed like a great plan. Mr no mask has made it a point to deny science since the beginning making America look like a bunch of A-holes to the rest of the world.

If you can use intelligence and rational explanation of your beliefs I am happy to listen. Still trying to figure out what that is. I am a pretty conservative republican but Trump is an enemy of all. He is basically the epitome of everything your parents taught you was bad in this world. Selfish, entitled, arrogant - yeah real role model for the kids.

Look at his history - study the man - use intelligent critical thinking and see what kind of history he has had. Sorry to the trump thumpers out there - his time has come to pass.

I have an agenda DUH! - that's why I am trying to write to you to say to stop listening to their agenda which denies science

ECU

So sad that you think prevention is not possible. This is just what I've been saying. Wear a mask is ok, but protecting your health is not. I have a friend that now has health/lung issues due to wearing the mask so much.
You pull the heart strings but fail to discuss the total patient load going down significantly. Or the fewer on ventilators. Maybe you've been too busy to learn how steroids can keep over 80% off ventilators. Your horror story of the ventilator reminds me of the death rates of those on ventilators.
You've only talked about the small minority of extreme end stage patients. There is a lot one can do to avoid being on that list.

What data has The WH diverted all the data from the CDC? I see you as negating the effectiveness of every person to be able to fight off this virus.
Frankly, the BS you are spouting about Trump puts your whole story to the BS level. What you describe comes from media stories back when the infections were at their peak in NY. I heard just about the same story back then. You are pushing fear and hate.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
So sad that you think prevention is not possible. This is just what I've been saying. Wear a mask is ok, but protecting your health is not. I have a friend that now has health/lung issues due to wearing the mask so much.
You pull the heart strings but fail to discuss the total patient load going down significantly. Or the fewer on ventilators. Maybe you've been too busy to learn how steroids can keep over 80% off ventilators. Your horror story of the ventilator reminds me of the death rates of those on ventilators.
You've only talked about the small minority of extreme end stage patients. There is a lot one can do to avoid being on that list.

What data has The WH diverted all the data from the CDC? I see you as negating the effectiveness of every person to be able to fight off this virus.
Frankly, the BS you are spouting about Trump puts your whole story to the BS level. What you describe comes from media stories back when the infections were at their peak in NY. I heard just about the same story back then. You are pushing fear and hate.
Assuming the above is not a lie, " I have a friend that now has health/lung issues due to wearing the mask so much.", perhaps your friend should have taken your advice, boosted his immune system, exercised or whateva, so that he would not have been weakened.... :whistle:

PS, if a mask took him down, he is certainly no match for Covid-19.

Last edited:

Weelittlenomads

ALL OF THE DATA was directed to WH instead of CDC - not some of it that was being collected by hospitals and sent to CDC to make informed decisions. It was taken over by an ill equipped task force.

If you read what I wrote I too am in favor of getting out responsibly and opening up and preventative health - seems to be what you want right? I am huge advocate of eating right, exercising, and taking care of our own mental health. All things that would help prevent someone from as severe of a reaction to covid - you are grossly underestimating the accessibility for most to health care - this is affecting the lower socioeconomic populations at a much higher proportion. They too have to matter and be taken care of.

Think about all the surgeons and OR nurses that have gone entire careers without complaining about wearing a mask for 12 hours at a time and more. I long for a time when a mask in public is not necessary since I wear one everyday at work. Not your grandmas knit mask a real n95 - your friend could be one of the few (and you are all about the numbers yeah?) that cant tolerate a mask. He should definitely be more worried about contracting flu and covid.

I too agree that the numbers support us doing more globally to combat diarrhea - a completely treatable and most of the time preventable illness when basic needs are met. Ie food and safe water. Something else we agree on @ECU !!!

You are making a very complex issue seem likes its already been figured out. Yes immune support is number 1 - yes most people will be just freaking fine if they get covid - yes we need to get the economy going and open up safely - you are right. We need to trust the scientists who are informed on these types of things and have a system of checks and balances like our country was founded upon.

And for Trump - it's well documented (not in social media - actual investigation i- but i guess all news is fake news if it doesn't support DT ) that his father's company defrauded the IRS close to $400 million dollars that they know about - (over 20 years ago so there can be no prosecution) where do you think that money trickled down to - could it be the self made man that everyone loves so much? He came from money - he came from political corruption - he was born into and to think he is any different is silly at best. Can you honestly say you defend his morality or are you just pointing me out as a "radical leftist" because i dislike the man - dude I'm from South Carolina - live in North Carolina - Im redder than a rooster but you bet I give two licks about who my kids look up to. If he is idolized we are all f**ked. Luckily we wont have to worry about him too much longer. And NO I would never in a million years say Biden is my guy and I sure as shoot didn't vote Hillary. Just ready to move on from the greatest fear monger-er of our time.

My real qualms with him started over environmentalism but don't get me started.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Q: What are we doing besides Oxygen? A: We are EXPERIMENTING with many modalities of treatment - convalescent plasma - or plasma from someone who has had Covid 19 - not proven to be effective but has shown some improvement for some patients - we are also using Remdesvir - an anti-viral (not approved by the FDA ) but is under an emergency use order. Dexamethasone as mentioned is basically always ordered as well. Positioning of the patient is also showing some improvement - basically laying on your stomach in the "prone" position - it can be effective for stable patient receiving oxygen or our sickest that are ventilated requires 4+ nurses and respiratory therapists to do.
Just for the record, that list of treatments is pretty much a duplicate of what the UK is doing.

--dick

ECU

Quoting you: "is not possible to get the masses "healthy" "
It is possible, you are choosing to not accept that. According to you, it is more responsible to just let people get sick until they need respirators and death. YOU ARE SICK.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
It is possible, you are choosing to not accept that. According to you, it is more responsible to just let people get sick until they need respirators and death. YOU ARE SICK.
:wtf:

He believes a person who won't wear a mask for 15 minutes in Walmart is going to go on an exercise regiment, drink greens and eat vitamins like M&M's..... and that a front-line health worker is responsible for this pre-emptive and make it happen.

Last edited:

rollerbearing

Clearly your pill pack is missing a needed med.

flman

:wtf:

He believes a person who won't wear a mask for 15 minutes in Walmart is going to go on an exercise regiment, drink greens and eat vitamins like M&M's..... and that a front-line health worker is responsible for this pre-emptive and make it happen.
Figures the expert on Walmart parking lots would have such information.
Can you prove that a special diet and vitamins makes difference between life and death?

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
Dr. John Campbell reviews some on topic statistics here.

If his CFR estimate is in the ballpark it is one heck of a lot lower than what the earlier this year "Flatten the Curve" statistics indicated.

vic

Last edited:

flman

Florida is 100% open for business, masks only required for fools. Just ignore the fake 10% stats.

ECU

Vitamin D cuts deaths by over 50%
The reason deaths are higher in the black community is that they process 20% less vitamin D.

But taking vitamins are just too expensive? Bullshit.

Recent study.
But it has been known from the start.

Last edited:

Top Bottom