I Line-X'ed My Entire, Brand New Sprinter...

Jonnyfive

Yeah, I did it. Had a hard time finding many examples during my decision making process, but decided to take the plunge anyway. I'll be bringing it back in next week as there's a couple places that need touch up, at which time I'll be deciding if I will stay with the black flares or have them color matched to the rest of the van.

I forgot to take pictures of the doors and door jambs, but I also had all of the exterior facing door jambs done in line-x. All of the doors on the interior were done in the same paint color as the exterior, except smooth and without the "grit".

Oh and since everyone is bound to ask and nobody ever likes answering publicly: expect this to set you back roughly $8K-$9K.

Feel free to follow along on Insta for further adventures in the conversion: @jonandannadventurevan

In case the pictures die at some point in the future, here they are on Imgur:
Without further ado, here she is.

IMG_20200911_141613.jpgIMG_20200911_141550.jpgIMG_20200911_141641.jpgIMG_20200911_141725.jpgIMG_20200911_142136.jpg

D

Deleted member 50714

It's certainly very nice. Curious, any discernible noise dampening?

Jonnyfive

Hm, I'll pay attention and comment back in the future if I notice any. In the 2 days I've had it, I would say no, though I haven't thought to pay attention to that. I already spent a considerable amount of effort dampening the van with butyl mat and thinsulate. That did make an incredible difference, so I can't imagine it getting too much better to be honest.

D

Deleted member 50714

Since you are going back, may consider jettison the plastic gingerbread and treating door footwells, notoriously known rust propagating petri dish. Don't cover water scuppers. I believe there are two. Many areas for water intrusion.

IMG_3721.JPG

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
To the weight gain question: figure 9 lbs per gallon times how many gallons it took. Example 4 x 9 = 36 lbs.

sanomechanic

Yeah, I did it. Had a hard time finding many examples during my decision making process, but decided to take the plunge anyway. I'll be bringing it back in next week as there's a couple places that need touch up, at which time I'll be deciding if I will stay with the black flares or have them color matched to the rest of the van.

I forgot to take pictures of the doors and door jambs, but I also had all of the exterior facing door jambs done in line-x. All of the doors on the interior were done in the same paint color as the exterior, except smooth and without the "grit".

Oh and since everyone is bound to ask and nobody ever likes answering publicly: expect this to set you back roughly $8K-$9K.

Feel free to follow along on Insta for further adventures in the conversion: @jonandannadventurevan

In case the pictures die at some point in the future, here they are on Imgur:
Without further ado, here she is.

View attachment 153071View attachment 153072View attachment 153073View attachment 153074View attachment 153075
Looks awesome but..They missed the rear wheel wells. Bet this will reduce fuel economy as well due to reduced aerodynamics.

Jonnyfive

Looks awesome but..They missed the rear wheel wells. Bet this will reduce fuel economy as well due to reduced aerodynamics.
Yep, that's one of the things I'm headed back for next week. Front wheel wells have plastic liners from the factory, rears aren't so lucky

Jonnyfive

Jonnyfive

I don't know, as I haven't finished my electrical yet. Given they are only rated at 150cfm each though, they should be nearly inaudible.

Top Bottom