Thanks, the 'zon has a couple of 500# 60" slides listed. could only find those when looking for 72's
Interesting - it looks an awful lot like the flatline low profile rack, though they don't offer that lightbar option (which is pretty cool) nor do they offer the aluminum panels, but I think those would be a pretty easy addition on top of the 80/20 crossbars.I had a few people over in the Facebook Sprinter Van Owners group asking about the roof rack, so here's more 411 on it:
It's this Aluminess Modular Roof Rack with the light bar option upfront.
- I liked the fact that the panels are solid aluminum. Makes for a great platform up top for the kids
- It might help lower the temp inside the truck in the desert, since the sun will be hitting the solid roof rack, and then there's an air pocket between the rack & the roof. Haven't yet tested that yet, though.
- Shipped quickly; think it took under 2 weeks to arrive
- It's also pretty low profile
- It took way longer to install than I expected. I thought it might be a 2 hour job. It was more like an 8 hour job (pro-tip: Don't try to do it alone!)
- Since it's a set of modular components that bolt together, I'm assuming it won't be as strong as a one-piece rack. But I really don't know.
Hope that helps! A couple pics here but there are more in the posts above (including the light bar at night)
BTW: Aluminess said the light bar slot was for a 50" bar, which I bought. But then when I tried it out, I realized a 52" bar fits best. I'm now trying ot figure out how to get the light bar to go on & off w/ the high beams on the Sprinter's CANBUS system... that post is over here, if anyone has any pro-tips! https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?threads/96529/