Uneven Idle 2005. No CEL.

skianian

Took me awhile to get back on here but I tried the test you suggested. It appears to take 5 seconds for the symptoms to start, rather than 20 like you explained. Any thoughts?

Patrick of M

2005 T1N 2500 (NA spec)
Fwiw, the OP says no CEL. OP needs to get/have a proper scan/ner . Not throwing a CEL is not using all the diagnostic information the vehicle is capable of providing.

skianian

I have a scanner which allows me to use the torque app but I know that's not the best option. It sounds like having a smooth running test performed is a sensible next step which I plan to do... just need to identify where to get it done.

Patrick of M

2005 T1N 2500 (NA spec)
I don't know about the torque app , but appropriate scanner you can monitor all kinds of things for the engines idling and running and then you can see what's wrong the smooth running test is I guess somewhat helpful but there are many things to do before that.

skianian

Thanks again to everyone who offered advice for this issue. I'm cautiously optimistic that I figured it out (by accident). Early on, I questioned the one-way clutch of the alternator pulley causing my symptoms due to the amount of belt flutter I was observing. After replacing the pulley and belt tensioner, there was no change. Fast- forward to last week... the alternator (original 90 amp) shit the bed entirely so I replaced with a new 150 amp Bosch, and the idle seems to be back to normal. Again, cautiously optimistic but it sure seems like the uneven idle is now corrected by the new alternator. Fingers are crossed. P.S. the top, forward bolt of the alternator is my new least favorite fastener on the vehicle.

tbuyan

'04 3500 140" low roof cargo w/dually delete
I guess you haven't tried replacing the turbo oil drain hose bolts under the turbo.

Top Bottom