Rock Sliders/Rocker Guards for 170 4x4?

Desertbound

Some of the under-body structure is different on the 170" WB VS30 chassis. We are right in the middle of finalizing the necessary changes to fit the VS30 170" WB vans. Realistically, we should have them available in about 2 months.

We don't own a 170" WB van so confirming fitment is a bit more time consuming. Because these are true rocker guards and not just a "nerf bar" or step, there's is a lot more integration into the chassis which has to be bang on for them to install and work correctly.

-Rob @ VC.

BMXHuntDad

Some of the under-body structure is different on the 170" WB VS30 chassis. We are right in the middle of finalizing the necessary changes to fit the VS30 170" WB vans. Realistically, we should have them available in about 2 months.

We don't own a 170" WB van so confirming fitment is a bit more time consuming. Because these are true rocker guards and not just a "nerf bar" or step, there's is a lot more integration into the chassis which has to be bang on for them to install and work correctly.

-Rob @ VC.
Thanks Rob! I’ve been selling your products for over 3 years! Great stuff and great company. Thank you to you, Mark and the rest of your VC team.

cryan

Thanks Rob, this is good news. I'm not in a hurry, but evaluating options. Wish I was closer to you all so you could have my van for fitment.

shawnee81

2020 VS30 170'' 4X4 MB Sprinter

-Rob @ VC.
Hey Rob, checking in on the 170'' VS30 rocker guards. Any update for availability? Thanks!

Desertbound

Nothing yet unfortunately. We have been super busy trying to keep up with suspension kit demands, I've had no time to source a 2019+ 170" WB van to develop the parts off of. We need a van dropped off for a week to do the development work on and finalize the changes needed for the newer vans. If you're interested, shoot me a PM.

-Rob @ VC

SCM

Nothing yet unfortunately. We have been super busy trying to keep up with suspension kit demands, I've had no time to source a 2019+ 170" WB van to develop the parts off of. We need a van dropped off for a week to do the development work on and finalize the changes needed for the newer vans. If you're interested, shoot me a PM.

-Rob @ VC
Hi Rob - just checking in again on the 170'' VS30 rocker guards. Any update for availability? Thanks!

Desertbound

Not yet. Haven't been able to find a customer to drop their van off for a week or so for us to test fit and finalize the design. If you're interested, please shoot me a message.

-Rob @ VC

• Thanks
Reactions: SCM

Desertbound

Up on the site and available for pre-order. Made a couple improvements in the one of the middle chassis tie-ins for a bit easier install and more strength where the front and rear rockers bolt together.

First production run should be complete in about 4-6 weeks.

-Rob @ VC

detroitdevo

I have a new 170 4x4 want my van for testing and fitment ;)? We won't be doing any upfitting for a year or more and she sits in stasis waiting for us to save for the build.. But had to get it ordered before MB shuts down 4x4 for good.

Devin

-Rob @ VC.

NicoChau

New video we just put together discussing a few more details about the rocker guards. We'll make another one shortly showing the intricacies of the 170 rockers.

hi Rob, what a great product!

How much do the 170 WB guards weigh? Any idea?

Also, do you see any fitment issues with undercarriage water tanks that would be installed too?

Thanks

Last edited:

cryan

I recently installed the Backland Apex Slider/Side steps. I don't think anyone can argue that they are a true rock slider, but they are very sturdy, give a great step platform, and were pretty easy to install in the driveway. I'm in Austin, TX if anyone is curious in checking them out.

Top Bottom