After market cruise control addition problem

Joshill

Hi All,
Trying to add cruise control option on my '06 T1N. Disconnected battery, dropped column to install cc switch, moved fuse panel to pull aside, then reconnected everything. Now getting "start error". I tried to search the forum for the topic and checked those solutions, just wondering if anybody has a word of advice. Thanks in advance!

I am not sure what you mean by aftermarket. If it does not wire into the ECU like OEM, I don't think it's going to work.

Did you have the ECU reprogrammed?

Did you wire this into your ECU?

Joshill

I am not sure what you mean by aftermarket. If it does not wire into the ECU like OEM, I don't think it's going to work.

Did you have the ECU reprogrammed?

Did you wire this into your ECU?
thanks for your message! Sorry, "after market" I just meant not originally selected as an option from dealer. It is factory though from Dodge. It should wire in but I haven't done anything really to the ECU yet. Getting it reprogrammed was my next step after installing the switch but I can't get it started to get to the dealer!

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The wiring diagrams list two places the cruise switch can connect to the ECM at.
One is labeled "non-OBD" (with 5 ECM connectors) , the other is "OBD" (with only two bigger connectors).
You should use the "OBD" pin choices (although i think it's pretty obvious, since the "other" flavor frequently already has wires in those places).

Another place to check is the wiring from the RFID chip sensing antenna that's buried in the bezel surrounding the ignition key slot ... and that its connection to the SKREEM is solid. (the SKREEM is on the back of the instrument panel display, under the "hump"). If the skreem cannot talk to the chip, you'll get Start Err.

Do you have remote key entry?
If "yes", it should crank (but not run) even if the RFID wasn't sensed.
If "no", then it won't even crank without sensing the RFID chip.

--dick

Joshill

The wiring diagrams list two places the cruise switch can connect to the ECM at.
One is labeled "non-OBD" (with 5 ECM connectors) , the other is "OBD" (with only two bigger connectors).
You should use the "OBD" pin choices (although i think it's pretty obvious, since the "other" flavor frequently already has wires in those places).

Another place to check is the wiring from the RFID chip sensing antenna that's buried in the bezel surrounding the ignition key slot ... and that its connection to the SKREEM is solid. (the SKREEM is on the back of the instrument panel display, under the "hump"). If the skreem cannot talk to the chip, you'll get Start Err.

Do you have remote key entry?
If "yes", it should crank (but not run) even if the RFID wasn't sensed.
If "no", then it won't even crank without sensing the RFID chip.

--dick
Thank you! I will try this ASAP and let you know what happens.

Joshill

So after messing with this for a month or so, got it towed to an auto electrical shop. Apparently they cleared the codes and she fired right up o_O but I will have to get it to the dealer to turn the computer on for the cruise control addition. So we will see if it all works out. Thanks so much to everyone here for the advice! Now onto the torque control shudder, inoperable pass side wiper, turbo code 2359 and leak in the front and we'll be ready to roll:ROFLMAO: that is, after the interior camper stuff gets done too ha!

Top Bottom