Who replaced their carpet with vinyl flooring?

az7000'

2007 Navion on a 2006 3500 chassis
We did this on our old class C without a slide, HUGE Improvement. Wondering what the area around and under the slide looks like or how involved it is. Guessing we will pull the dinette benches off. Another question is should I pull up the base vinyl or just clean it up well and float the new vinyl over it with some 1/4 round where needed at the cabinets.

Pictures are welcome!

Thanks,
Brian

az7000'

Well, I started the project, taking a fair bit of time but looking great. The before with one bench out...
IMG_0840.jpeg
IMG_0841.jpeg

The fit will change without the carpet as I learned, the benches went back in a bit lower, still working on trim.

IMG_0842.jpeg

The carpet was screwed to the sides of the slide.

IMG_0843.jpeg

Plan is to leave the current Linoleum down.

IMG_0850.jpeg

az7000'

Just went for it on the "hidden" compartment. Will work on installing it later. They glued the :poop: out of it.

IMG_0859.jpeg

Started with the part that would mostly be covered by the benches to get into the groove. I later learned this would definitely change where the benches mounted to the wall. I did fill all of the holes with toothpicks and wood glue.

IMG_0860.jpeg

Tried some templates but didn't work perfectly. Was able to score and snap the straight lines but the jigsaw has been key for the fancy cuts.

IMG_0861.jpeg

Basically very little is straight in our MH, lots of trial and error, finally got all of the planks set, now starting the trim. We use it so not a show vehicle but trying to make it look OK.

62171050993__E7B118C2-6766-4C42-9753-6F4A90C472B7.jpeg

Need way more trim then I bought.

IMG_0877.jpeg

az7000'

Trying to keep it floating for the most part with the 1/4 round and trying not to screw through the aluminum trim but needed to screw down the heater vents. I did learn we will need lots of throw rugs in the winter, crazy cold on the feet during last weeks cold snap! More then 1/2 was just the previous vinyl floor so not expecting it to be too much louder. Still need to figure out the trim between the front seats, keeping the vertical carpet for now. The amount of sand and dirt that came out of the Carpet when pulling it out was crazy, probably would get in trouble with CBP for importing Mexican beach sand!

IMG_0884.jpeg

IMG_0885.jpeg

IMG_0886.jpeg

IMG_0887.jpeg

IMG_0888.jpeg

az7000'

Thoughts on Grey silicone to fill around the edges? Should still allow some movement.

DanAzon

IMG_4640.jpegI'm in the process of installing vinyl flooring in my conversion project. I like the way it looks and I think will be much easier to keep clean. I'm using the existing captured nuts that were used to fix the tie down rings and strips to hold the plywood subfloor. The bolts that were in originally are too short so I have ordered more M8 1.25 50mm.IMG_4637.jpegIMG_4638.jpeg

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
I just did floor on my conversion and looks like I used the same exact stuff OP did. Same color.
What I noticed is low vertical strength of the planks. My factory honeycomb floor had some holes for seats and I filled them up with pieces of wood.
One piece was 1 mm higher than the floor and when I step on vinyl covering the spot- it broke the joint and I had to redo the whole thing
I think I can get away without finishing the edges, while in the bathroom I will use clear caulk

DanAzon

I just did floor on my conversion and looks like I used the same exact stuff OP did. Same color.
What I noticed is low vertical strength of the planks. My factory honeycomb floor had some holes for seats and I filled them up with pieces of wood.
One piece was 1 mm higher than the floor and when I step on vinyl covering the spot- it broke the joint and I had to redo the whole thing
I think I can get away without finishing the edges, while in the bathroom I will use clear caulk
All done laying the vinyl, now I need to finish the edges at the doors and cab with edge trim. Then more paneling on the walls and ceiling, put up the bed rails, galley cabinet and storage cupboard, transit bench set, propane hose, and finally the solar equimment and batteries. I can see Kansas City and the finish line.
1C1C6BF8-EFF3-48F3-9B89-E8D4BEFADFF8.jpeg

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
I only wish they offer more colors at local HD, but the color I've got is pretty close to gray/blueish trim my bus originally had, so nice final effect.
Will try to take picture of mine tomorrow.

DanAzon

I only wish they offer more colors at local HD, but the color I've got is pretty close to gray/blueish trim my bus originally had, so nice final effect.
Will try to take picture of mine tomorrow.
I bought mine at Lowe’s it was on clearance, my wife picked it out. $28 a box. Is she likes it I like it. HWHL?

jpac80

2009 Navion 24H
Can I ask what kind/brand of flooring you used? I'm looking into replacing the floors throughout the coach. Our local shop uses CoreTec Plus which is residential cork backed flooring. Looks nice but I'm concerned about the weight it's going to add. I'm sure after carpet removal and pulling the sheet vinyl out I'll still be a net weight gain.

az7000'

That may be it... we are trying out the floor at lake Powell then across southern Utah to Brian head for some mtn biking. I’ll shoot a picture of the box Sunday.

here’s a real world pic in actionimage.jpg

Top Bottom