Tuning for more power, with warranty?

Wrinkledpants

2017 144WB 4x4
I’ve had limited success with blipping the throttle in park to get the revs above idle. Times when I expected to have the no power, but blipped the throttle, I had normal power. I’ll keep trying this method.

OffroadHamster

I also forgot to mention, I returned 18.2mpg from Mission Viejo to Williams and back. Return trip was into absurd headwinds/crosswinds the kicked the sway assist 3 times. 75mph each way. This would usually be a 16mpg affair for me. In 40-50K miles the tune will pay for itself in fuel savings.

On a flat stretch through the high desert without wind I saw 22mpg for 100miles. This is bonkers for my van with awning, pop top, 33" AT's and scaling above 8000lbs at all times.

turbo911

You choose to consistently ignore the carefully curated references to the actual law and its accompanying regulations which I have provided. Instead, you keep repeating obvious falsehoods in contradiction to this information.
I am going to stop wasting my time.
i agree stop wasting your time. it has been well documented that vw,mb, and bmw used defeat devices at outset. they are illegal vehicles under carb and epa. manufactures are or will pay fines and restitution. that said we are still using vehicles that have been documented to be out of whack as much as 10 tens or more of what they report. if you are as resolute as you are stop driving your sprinter now. your govt would rather have the money than crush your car.

chipsterguy

I also forgot to mention, I returned 18.2mpg from Mission Viejo to Williams and back. Return trip was into absurd headwinds/crosswinds the kicked the sway assist 3 times. 75mph each way. This would usually be a 16mpg affair for me. In 40-50K miles the tune will pay for itself in fuel savings.
This really helps with my decision to go with Renntech!

:tongue: >> Avanti

turbo911

This really helps with my decision to go with Renntech!

:tongue: >> Avanti
i got my complete stage 2 jr tune from tunemyeuro.com total including dpf bypass pipe was $850. i went from 16.5 mpg hiway to 20mpg at 65-70mph. no egr, no egr cooler, no dpf , no swirl motor issues

Christian-

i got my complete stage 2 jr tune from tunemyeuro.com total including dpf bypass pipe was $850. i went from 16.5 mpg hiway to 20mpg at 65-70mph. no egr, no egr cooler, no dpf , no swirl motor issues
That site doesn't seem to have anything for VS30 Sprinters.

OffroadHamster

That site doesn't seem to have anything for VS30 Sprinters.
Why would you do an emissions delete on a VS30?? Talk about murdering the resale on your van, driving something that STINKS like a diesel outboard, and raising a giant flag pretty much anywhere you take the van to get work done on it. Oh, you know, and dumping tons of NOx and particulates.

I see people delete when their emissions systems fail and the repair cost is greater than the value of the van typically. In this case, its probably better for the planet to keep a vehicle running, than to expend the resources to put a brand new vehicle into operation. ALthough with how clean supply chains have gotten in the last decade, this is probable close to, if not already false.

OffroadHamster

Data Point: Cold soak overnight in low 20's. Went out in the morning and started the van. Van registered outside air temp at 29 deg. Elevation 8100 ft. Renntech tune.

Van had power immediately upon start. No cold start issues whatsoever. Put it in reverse and backed up: Van seemed like it was struggling to move, but then realized the parking brake was on. So even with parking brake on, cold soak, high altitude, van had power to overcome parking brake and move. Pulling into main road was typical reduction in immediate power with altitude but still substantially better than stock.

Wrinkledpants

2017 144WB 4x4
Data Point: Cold soak overnight in low 20's. Went out in the morning and started the van. Van registered outside air temp at 29 deg. Elevation 8100 ft. Renntech tune.

Van had power immediately upon start. No cold start issues whatsoever. Put it in reverse and backed up: Van seemed like it was struggling to move, but then realized the parking brake was on. So even with parking brake on, cold soak, high altitude, van had power to overcome parking brake and move. Pulling into main road was typical reduction in immediate power with altitude but still substantially better than stock.
Good to hear.

I may have to change my...... tune..... about tuning the Sprinter while under warranty.

Taylor Marine

Any issues passing CA emissions testing with tune installed?
You will want to flash it back to stock before going for a smog inspection otherwise you will fail. Takes 2 minutes to switch it back to stock... That's the beauty of the HHT (Hand Held Tuner).

Any smog test or dealer visit you should revert back to stock.

Top Bottom