Best home scanner?

220817a

Independent & Self Reliant - From Chattanooga TN
Kajtek,
I can't help you with anything since your understanding of what a scanner is vs Vladimir's module is limited. Vladimir's module is not a scanner, but is closer to a programmer... Do you understand the difference at least?

The device doesn't scan for anything, once it is plugged in the OBD port it starts running a script with certain commands in order to unlock and reset. The way to know that for sure is, plug the device in a van that has no problems with start countdown and the device will do exactly the same thing as it would do on a van with start countdown triggered. I have actually done that very thing since I do own the device...

What exactly of what I said is not truth? Can you elaborate?

Next time Kajtek, try not to compare хуй с пальцем... Vladimir's module is not on par with Vediamo software in terms of capabilities.

Chris Brosious

Again thanks for the additional information. I too came across this OBD2 module that resets the counts, I think it may not actually unlock/reset the ECU but just modifies the count number itself, perhaps that parameter is not behind the encryption? I dont know. It makes sense that it would just execute a series of commands specific to fetching the VIN and comparing it, then if that passes issue commands to reset the countdown parameter. But the real question is: does this module actually work and how do you test it? I think you would have to let the DEF purposely run low to trip the warnings for the vehicle its actually coded for and then plug it in? This module could be a life safer, has anyone actually tested it and watched the counts remaining number change?

220817a

Again thanks for the additional information. I too came across this OBD2 module that resets the counts, I think it may not actually unlock/reset the ECU but just modifies the count number itself, perhaps that parameter is not behind the encryption? I dont know. It makes sense that it would just execute a series of commands specific to fetching the VIN and comparing it, then if that passes issue commands to reset the countdown parameter. But the real question is: does this module actually work and how do you test it? I think you would have to let the DEF purposely run low to trip the warnings for the vehicle its actually coded for and then plug it in? This module could be a life safer, has anyone actually tested it and watched the counts remaining number change?
VladimirCDI module does work in resetting the start countdown and start not possible. I have it and I used it. The module will not reset the DEF low level warning though... To go back to my previous statement, the module will reset #2 & #3, but not #1.

The module is limited only to those 2 options for the price of $295. No diagnostic capabilities or any other functions such as coding.

Attachments

Chris Brosious

Dima74, you have me convinced that this module is cheap insurance in reality and I intend on getting one as well. You are correct it has very limited capabilities, but for its cost, simplicity of use, portability, and the ability to totally save you if the DEF system misbehaves - its value is enormous. I’m going to test it on my Sprinter and I’ll report back on the results.

I’ll need to also get a scanner or maybe even the Vediamo system as well, but I need to do some more research on this - trade off usability and portability vs capabilities.

220817a

Dima74, you have me convinced that this module is cheap insurance in reality and I intend on getting one as well. You are correct it has very limited capabilities, but for its cost, simplicity of use, portability, and the ability to totally save you if the DEF system misbehaves - its value is enormous. I’m going to test it on my Sprinter and I’ll report back on the results.

I’ll need to also get a scanner or maybe even the Vediamo system as well, but I need to do some more research on this - trade off usability and portability vs capabilities.
Vediamo with a seed key calculator will cost you less, but you will have to cary a laptop with you. I personally use Vediamo and DAS/Xentry, and I cary a laptop with me all the time.

Whatever you decide to get, VladimirCDI or Vediamo, both will unlock the start countdown and start not possible. If you might have interest in Vediamo at any point in time, let me know and can help you with that.

Last edited:

4wheels

Dima74 was able to unlock a code via Team Viewer( actually 2 codes) on my C4 that I bought from seller "Chen" . Chinese seller put lock code on it so that after exactly 3 years scanner would stop working.
Seller " Chen" also no longer replies to messages :)
Kudos to Dima74

Inspector

2012 Roadtrek Agile
If you don't want a BlueTooth device which will connect to your phone or tablet and MUST have a working internet connection to verify your account then spend nearer the $200 mark for the Autel MD808 PRO (this replaced the MD802 All Systems) which is a totally standalone unit powered from the OBD socket.
Again you must specify the correct software when connecting the unit, in the case it is just 'Sprinter' but the BIG advantage is this unit will connect to almost any car currently on the road! (Unless you get the DIY version which will be limited to one brand).

Keith.
I just bought a MD 806 Pro which is supposed to be the same thing as the 808 and cover all the cars including our Sprinter's. So far I've had a lot of trouble getting the software to load , and the vehicle's seem to be everything but the Sprinter. I've been on the phone over 1-1/2 hrs with tech support and will be talking with them tomorrow again. Was your experience this difficult? I had hoped it was more user friendly. Thanks for any tips.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Hi Inspector,

Well it's been a few years since I got my MD802 but from memory I installed Autel Maxi PC Suite (AMPCS) on my windows laptop then transferred the SD card from the reader directly into my laptop's SD card slot and was able to view all the folders on the card with Windows Explorer and then register the unit and update the vehicle lines I required through AMPCS. It was really quite painless and I have updated several times since without fuss.

You are inserting the SD card directly into your PC/Laptop aren't you, and not trying to connect with a USB lead as this does NOT work!

Then when connected to your Sprinter you will need to go through 'Scan' 'Europe' then find 'Sprinter'. You may try other routes but I believe this is the only option which works correctly. Note your Sprinter is under 'Sprinter' and not 'Benz' or 'Dodge' or 'Freightliner' or even under the USA menus.

Hope this helps,
Keith.

Top Bottom