Mercedes Pro/Me App (iPhone/Android)

jimandliz

This is cool, I'm like always wondering of I really locked the van door. Now maybe I can check it remotely. BUT, is this a parasitic drain on the battery? I have to leave the van parked sometimes for 1-2 weeks. Would this feature drain the battery too much? Thanks for your help.

MontanaYeti

Director of Post Ride Beverages
This is cool, I'm like always wondering of I really locked the van door. Now maybe I can check it remotely. BUT, is this a parasitic drain on the battery? I have to leave the van parked sometimes for 1-2 weeks. Would this feature drain the battery too much? Thanks for your help.
I've left mine for 3-4 weeks in cold weather and it started and operated perfectly.

I've used the app a little bit as well during it's hibernation to check on the van and the app values for tire pressure, DEF percentage, ect over time.

smittylube

Got it working! I don't have data and it worked for me. Locked the doors and location shows up as well. Mileage, fuel level etc. could not get the pro app to function, I had logged into the .me app. when I re dowloaded it recognized me and I was able to add the Revel.

smittylube

Locks easily, unlock it wants frikking passcode. really? you have to unlock the phone before even getting to the app.
Then in settings you can select use Touch ID, asks for passcode, then if you leave the screen it turns off - really useful.

Mr.WilsonSC

I just got mine set up and saw a remote start option but once everything was activated it disappeared.
Will be nice to be able see if I remembered to lock the vehicle but nothing else that exciting.

smittylube

I found after getting this working I finally see traffic on the Nav and other apps appear in the mbz selection on the display

w15p

2019 144 HR 4x4
H12 option can be remotely operated within the Mercedes PRO Connect App, I use it anytime I need to pre-heat the interior and coolant.
Aren't they discontinuing the Pro app for sprinters though?

per:
I just received my 2020 sprinter and was having the same sort of issues several people in this thread have mentioned so I called Mercedes customer service. They have informed me that as of January 1 2021 all non-commercial customers of sprinter will be migrated to Mercedes me and will be removed from the Mercedes pro portal.

So going forward individual use/non-commercial sprinter customers will be in Mercedes me just like all there passenger car customers, and not Mercedes pro. During the migration right now no new activations can be processed and so you have to wait until the new year.
I haven't actually tried to get a Pro account yet - the Me app works fine, but the booster would be a useful feature for the winter. Of course, it's february in california, so I have almost a year to get this worked out...

Afunkymonk

Aren't they discontinuing the Pro app for sprinters though?

per:

I haven't actually tried to get a Pro account yet - the Me app works fine, but the booster would be a useful feature for the winter. Of course, it's february in california, so I have almost a year to get this worked out...
This was an email from Mercedes-Benz recently, it's just certain features being withdrawn from the PRO Connect App/Vehicle Management Tool (VMT Portal):

Dear Customer

Thank you for using the Mercedes PRO connect services for your Mercedes-Benz van. We would like to inform you about certain planned changes to our services. From February 28 2021, Mercedes PRO connect will be focusing solely on vehicle related services.

Please find below an overview regarding the Mercedes PRO products and the respective services that will no longer be available following this date.

- Digital Driver’s Log with Digital Trip Management

- Efficient Driving Style Analysis

- Simplified Fleet Communication

- Vehicle Data Interface and Vehicle Data Interface light

If you activated one or more of these services for your vehicles, we hereby provide notification of termination for the agreements related to these services effective February 28 2021. You can view all active services and agreements for your vehicles in the Mercedes PRO Portal.

So, I think it will be limited, but no mention of any other changes and have the ability to use the H12 heater facility.

I use the PRO Connect App on a non-commercial basis and don't have any issues here in the UK.

Sprinter SS

My Mercedes Me App has all my info but says "your sprinter is being verified". Says also my VIN verification is nessesary....
Supposed to get the hose clamp recall done and will ask them to verify my vin.

DakotaBrown

Any update on using an app to remote start?

I'm super disappointed in paying twice the price of other vehicles and getting half as many options. One of many examples might be... if I have the 'smart key' in my pocket the door should automatically unlock as I approach and go to open the door.

owenfi

2020 Sprinter 2500 170 4x4
My Sprinter was at the dealership for 2 weeks, and I've spent ~15 hours on hold over the last 6 months attempting to debug the issue but still my van has never shown any signs of having network connectivity. Does anyone have an idea of what if any debugging I could do to check the hardware or software, or do I just call the dealer again? I've seen references to "call for an update from Germany" referenced in some of the audio/options threads, what's this referencing? Could adding audio wires have disrupted the ability for the tech to "download firmware" (this seems like weird terminology, but maybe they said upload, or it's just shorthand)?

Suspicious items:
  • Settings > Licenses > "Mercedes-Benz Link: Deactivated" (always afaik)
    • Other licenses such as Wired Carplay say unlimited
  • Settings > Wifi & Bluetooth > Internet Status: no longer selectable
    • This used to be available, I might be able to dig up pictures, after my 2nd reset of the system it became dimmed out and is no longer available. This seems to correlate with the service bars no longer being available in the upper right.
  • At no point have I ever gotten any relevant notifications (certainly not the activation code, though eventually a service rep gave it to me over the phone so we could move forward...)
  • SOS Not Ready: This always shows (after running van/system for a bit). Despite that, SOS *IS* active (I found out a few minutes ago when I pressed the button, heard like 30 seconds of digital transmission static and then spoke to a nice emergency representative who offered to connect me to MercedesMe support...at which point the call dropped...during this time my little cell bars did show up in the upper right.
  • Roadside service button, maybe works, but usually I'm testing after hours (?) or don't connect, or am too impatient... I'll try again at some point (this does seem to debunk my "no cell whatsoever"
  • Cannot call the ATT provided number.
  • Sometimes the red triangle lights in my mirrors blink randomly when I'm parked...certainly this can't be related...but I noticed it during my debugging.
  • During the time it was at the dealership it appears to have been connected because my app now shows some van details, such as lock status, miles remaining, etc; but those are all 2 months stale and never updated despite driving in San Jose where presumably connectivity would be strong. (At my house connectivity could be weak, but I've driven some with no change).

I added rear speakers to the stock harness and intercepted the audio-lines to hook up Fix86+Amp (one of which came uncrimped when they pulled my dashboard), so it's possible I damaged something in the process; they said they'd give it another shot once I put it "back to stock" but...I recrimped in a better fashion and my audio works perfectly (fader controls dash tweeters vs door mix, all channels work, which implies my wiring is correct at least). They were able to get the rear fader option added at that time. I did all that in November, but had been trying to activate since September, so I believe the networking issue was pre-existing (but it could've been due to going down the ProConnect line in the early days)

My ATT line is activated (and paid for, sigh...) but calling the number results in "this person you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time, Msg 24 US01LV". Their tech support seems to be the most competent afaict and was able to verify their connection to the van's cellular modem at one point.

smittylube

Any chance the antenna is or has come disconnected?

I bought a new RC controller and while it worked, I found I was having range issues. I found the antenna was not connected properly and after I reconnected it everything worked fine.

Taylor Marine

Maybe you have a bad modem.....

My Licenses are the same as yours.... "Mercedes-Benz Link: Deactivated", Everything else is unlimited.

owenfi

I bought a new RC controller and while it worked, I found I was having range issues. I found the antenna was not connected properly and after I reconnected it everything worked fine.
Yeah, I think a phone chat assistant said I should have the dealer disconnect and reconnect the antenna, which I conveyed to them, but I’m not sure that they did.

I guess I’ll go hunting for the service manual to find out where it is (above the windshield, right?) and where the wires go.

As to the modem, perhaps I’ll need to have them replace it, not really sure of another way to test.

owenfi

We put our cabin-ceiling insulation in on Jan 10 after the problem was "verified" to some extent (Dec 9, I saw ProConnect status = Offline, but there were at least signal bars, and my Internet Status was clickable then), I wasn't paying super close attention, but believe we reconnected everything up there (if that's even how you attach the cell antenna on that side). In terms of behind the dash, I believe everything is good. Not sure if I need to look anywhere else.

Top Bottom