Mercedes Pro/Me App (iPhone/Android)

430 hp 70

'19 144 Gas Passenger - Carlsbad
The dealer signed me up for a consumer account back in February. Today I signed up for a pro account to get access to remote lock/unlock. Created a business name and proceeded through registration. When I entered the vin, it said it already existed. I couldn't complete setup and hung up with customer service after a 30 minute hold.

I then created a mercedes.me.connect account. The vin worked and registration was completed. I'm able to lock/unlock, view location, view fuel level etc.

It was my understanding that these features and info were only available for the business/pro account. Not sure if I misunderstood or if something changed. Me.connect doesn't need a business owner, a driver or a fleet. It appears to be the solution for those with consumer accounts like me.

Last edited:

brianzoh

I then created a mercedes.me.connect account. The vin worked and registration was completed. I'm able to lock/unlock, view location, view fuel level etc.

It was my understanding that these features and info were only available for the business/pro account. Not sure if I misunderstood or if something changed. Me.connect doesn't need a business owner, a driver or a fleet. It appears to be the solution for those with consumer accounts like me.
That's good news, and also a big change (I have the Mercedes Pro as an individual). When I tried this route in Jan 2020 I would get errors that stated the Sprinter VIN was ineligible for Mercedes Me.

That's good news, and also a big change (I have the Mercedes Pro as an individual). When I tried this route in Jan 2020 I would get errors that stated the Sprinter VIN was ineligible for Mercedes Me.
There was a new 2.0 release of the MercedesMe app. It now looks to have what was most desired from the Pro app - lock/unlock. The pro app may still be netter because of the available over the air software updates.

waiting to see if we can use both.

sanomechanic

The dealer signed me up for a consumer account back in February. Today I signed up for a pro account to get access to remote lock/unlock. Created a business name and proceeded through registration. When I entered the vin, it said it already existed. I couldn't complete setup and hung up with customer service after a 30 minute hold.

Is having a wifi connection necessary to use the android app?

430 hp 70

so you can lock/unlock and start van with android now? Just be close enough for android to send signal to MBUX

Unfortunately remote start is an aftermarket addition, so the app doesn't help any.

As far as lock/unlock, you don't need a wifi hotspot, but you do need the mbux connected to the network. If you get live traffic updates you're connected. You can lock/unlock from hundreds of miles away if needed as long as the phone and mbux have signal.

Maybe someone can explain how the vehicle is communicating. My 2011 silverado has no wifi at all, yet has an app using onstar to lock/unlock and remote start. Not sure what sort of connection they have.

Last edited:

430 hp 70

I did have one frustrating issue while setting up the app. The app required me to enter a code that was supposed to appear on the mbux when the vehicle was started. I tried sending the code from the app three times before finding the solution. In the upper rt corner of the screen was an icon that controls notifications. Notifications were turned off for me/pro connect. I turned them on and immediately received 3 codes.....

Seacoaster

I’d love to get remote access to lock/unlock. When we are snowboarding or biking, the kids at times head back to the van, it would be great for them to be able to unlock it.
I feel like, this far, the Mercedes apps have all resulted in a bunch of useless downloads. I’m hoping this thread changes that for me.

sanomechanic

Unfortunately remote start is an aftermarket addition, so the app doesn't help any.

As far as lock/unlock, you don't need a wifi hotspot, but you do need the mbux connected to the network. If you get live traffic updates you're connected. You can lock/unlock from hundreds of miles away if needed as long as the phone and mbux have signal.

Maybe someone can explain how the vehicle is communicating. My 2011 silverado has no wifi at all, yet has an app using onstar to lock/unlock and remote start. Not sure what sort of connection they have.
The Mercedes website claims you can also start anytime anywhere with app.

cacaw

You get to view the vehicle's location on a map, status of locks, doors and windows, fuel level, DEF level, Air Pressure in tires, warnings for battery, alarms and a few other things. You can use the app to unlock or lock the van.
That would be handy, particularly when the sliding door doesn't close completely and I think the van's locked even though it's not. I'd assume that the internet hotspot needs to be active to use those features.

I'll go back and check what kind of Mercedes account I have.

430 hp 70

That would be handy, particularly when the sliding door doesn't close completely and I think the van's locked even though it's not. I'd assume that the internet hotspot needs to be active to use those features.
No hotspot required. It gives you lock/unlock, windows, fuel level, remaining range, tire pressures etc all without paying anything.

Attachments

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
Hi, The vehicles have a GSM or LTE 'cellular' radio.

#yardsale

The cruelest dream, reality.
So only half of my features work. Vehicle Tracker, Remote Unlock, Vehicle Status....the things I want all say "Activation in Progress." It has been like this for a couple of days.

waverider

VS30 4x4 (Santa Cruz)
I just discovered that if you sign up and go to the website https://www.me.mercedes-benz.com, you can do more. I found out that the maps database was out of date for my region and that the auto update was for AL FL GA and Bahamas, US Virgin Islands - no where I drive regularly. I was able to manually update my region (California, Hawaii, Nevada) and then set it to be the automatic updated region.

1606585208017.png

Top Bottom