Mercedes Pro/Me App (iPhone/Android)

2021_3500_LowRoof

I can't get it to work either. I'm logged into Mercedes Me and the link to "top off data" takes me to At&t. I made an account with T-Mobile via your other link and it says to activate it via the vehicle. I can't figure out how to activate it via the van.
The website is better then the app saying to “top up”. I signed up for a plan but the words “top up” don’t appear in t mobile. I added my vehicle unique name but it didn’t ask me for a VIN anywhere…. So I really don’t think this is making any difference

2021_3500_LowRoof

I can't get it to work either. I'm logged into Mercedes Me and the link to "top off data" takes me to At&t. I made an account with T-Mobile via your other link and it says to activate it via the vehicle. I can't figure out how to activate it via the van.
My link went directly to T-Mobile and let me add a vehicle (but not really). This is now what I see.

Attachments

65C02

You mention your navigation showing disabled as well?
E1E / Navigation package includes hotspot so,,
On 7" MBUX No Navi - No hotspot.

MontanaYeti

Director of Post Ride Beverages
The website is better then the app saying to “top up”. I signed up for a plan but the words “top up” don’t appear in t mobile. I added my vehicle unique name but it didn’t ask me for a VIN anywhere…. So I really don’t think this is making any difference
The link embedded in the "top up" goes to AT&T not T-Mobile on their website for me on my laptop.

65C02

@MontanaYeti - Mine initially did that as well. I once had the AT&T trial enabled so maybe that's why. I'm not 100% certain how I solved the problem.
First thing I did was I contacted "Mercedes me connect Support" within from the ME website and complained about the AT&T link.
(never heard back, but they may have fixed it ?? or maybe not :ROFLMAO: - see below...)

In the mean time - On my PC, I created a hotspotdrive account manually @ http://www.daimlerna.hotspotdrive.com/ - account only, would not add my van. (I think if the link was working correctly, it would have done this - also you may be able to do this directly from MBUX browser - see below...)

Then while poking around the MBUX browser, I found T-Mo hotspot drive being listed as a bookmark or something like that. When I clicked on it, it took me to http://www.daimlerna.hotspotdrive.com/ - where I entered my hotspotdrive user name and PW - afterwards, hotspotdrive showed van now linked.

Sorry I cant give you a definitive step by step - I got mine working by pretty random poking around - but those are the two areas I think you need to focus on.

I would try the hotspotdrive website and MBUX browser route first - that may have fixed the AT&T link issue on its own.

2021_3500_LowRoof

@MontanaYeti - Mine initially did that as well. I once had the AT&T trial enabled so maybe that's why. I'm not 100% certain how I solved the problem.
First thing I did was I contacted "Mercedes me connect Support" within from the ME website and complained about the AT&T link.
(never heard back, but they may have fixed it ?? or maybe not :ROFLMAO: - see below...)

In the mean time - On my PC, I created a hotspotdrive account manually @ http://www.daimlerna.hotspotdrive.com/ - account only, would not add my van. (I think if the link was working correctly, it would have done this - also you may be able to do this directly from MBUX browser - see below...)

Then while poking around the MBUX browser, I found T-Mo hotspot drive being listed as a bookmark or something like that. When I clicked on it, it took me to http://www.daimlerna.hotspotdrive.com/ - where I entered my hotspotdrive user name and PW - afterwards, hotspotdrive showed van now linked.

Sorry I cant give you a definitive step by step - I got mine working by pretty random poking around - but those are the two areas I think you need to focus on.

I would try the hotspotdrive website and MBUX browser route first - that may have fixed the AT&T link issue on its own.
Yes I agree with this assessment of mine had that capability. You also need to be sure the embedded SIM card has seen an update to transfer it to t mobile as mentioned previously. After that, if you have internet status in the vans browser you can manually input the website if it’s not there and login and complete vehicle registration and determine data plan and all should work.
disappointing that all the prompts are present on 7” screens that don’t contain the ability… big tease IMO.

my_vw_sucks

After a bunch of trips to the dealership for a badly malfunctioning 10" MBUX, they finally got it replaced and working. However, on the replacement my ATT date service no longer worked. After calling ATT they confirmed they no longer supported MB vehicles, canceled my service, and gave me a 3 month refund. In trying to get the service reactivated via the vehicle it keeps taking me back to ATT, which obviously doesn't work.

After multiple long calls to Me support, I finally got ahold of someone who knew what was going on. She said the switch over from ATT to Tmobile is currently not an automatic process. It was supposed to happen last July and doesn't really know when it will get moved over. I mentioned that I still had data service with ATT until my head unit was replaced. She couldn't explain that. She had to submit a ticket request to have a manager provision my vehicle settings on their end to work with Tmobile, and expected it to take 4-8 weeks for the request to be processed.

It sounds like to get data to work you have to get ahold of Me support to initiate a change on their side.

65C02

My unit initially was looping back to AT&T as well - I solved my issue in post #107 above.
On your MBUX, Try navigating to http://www.daimlerna.hotspotdrive.com/
The MB document Dima74 posted above - has a section "remedy...or..." which is the script support is probably following - did not work for me.

If that fails, another thought is, check your "over the air vehicle updates" list found in the Mercedes Me phone app and make sure the "update to the communication module" update is installed. It was a recall - from the description it may also involve the T-Mo transition. "vital optimizations to the Mercedes me communications module" LOL

Once you changed out your head unit - its unique identifier dropped out of the AT&T system & you are no longer grandfathered ( SOL ...)

akadaedalus

FWIW I just had the Mercedes Me connected by the sales lady who sold me the van last Saturday (MY22). After a little poking around I found most functionality just worked. When I connected to the hot spot of the van using the QR code, it prompted me on my phone to set up the T-Mobile hot spot, but when I registered with T-Mobile it gave me pricing and I noped out of it after that. I'll play with it a little more later to see if it can use other forms of hot spots, it seemed like it could.

I don't see actual PSI measurements for the tires. It just says "within normal range."

I locked the car through the app. I likely won't use this but it confirmed two-way connectivity.

The MBUX still says "SOS Not Ready" but I should get a call from the dealer's connectivity wiz some time this week.

Top Bottom