Will 2022 Electric Transit have high roof and long model?

Hello,

I'm keep thinking to buy new Transit.
However I heard that there will be electric version of Ford Transit on 2022.
If 2022 Transit will have a high roof and long model, and if it can drive around 360 miles after charging fully, then I want to wait.
If not, I will buy 2020 Transit.

Is there anyone who knows that will 2022 electric Transit have high roof and long model, and how many miles that I can drive after charging fully.

T town

Out of the box it will most likely have a range of about 100 miles. Strictly marketed to the delivery business/in town repair.
You can forget it for any distance you’d need to go 400 miles somewhere.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
As a fan of the truly short wheelbase (118" or 3000 mm), i would hope that size range returns to the north american market (but i'm fairly resigned that it won't ... hence the consideration of an electric conversion).

--dick (nightmare after-thought: what if it was ProMaster that came up with one? :cry: )

joelm

I'm a fan of electric, but the range will be roughy ~100 miles. (I'd expect it to be comparable to the Sprinter specs since physics dictate that they be roughly the same.)
The bigger issue is charging. Tesla's can recover about 4-miles of range per HOUR while charging on a 110/20 Amp circuit. At 240Volts, 30Amps you can get about 15 miles of range per hour. Rooftop solar won't generate nearly enough, so the question would be, even with a bigger battery, how do you recharge an RV in the middle of nowhere? There are not likely to be high capacity chargers anywhere fun.

We've ordered a gas Transit for these reasons!

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
News:
They mention 70-210kWh batteries on vans and trucks. A 100kWh van could probably go 150+ miles.

And there's also Rivian/Amazon, with unknown specs:

I agree charging any of these for RV usage is completely impractical until at least 240V / 50A dedicated is available at many more campsites, or level 3 DC chargers at every town. I have an electric car, but I'm not going to wait for an electric RV.

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I wrote...
As a fan of the truly short wheelbase (118" or 3000 mm), i would hope that size range returns to the north american market (but i'm fairly resigned that it won't ... hence the consideration of an electric conversion).
Meanwhile ... VW is converting their Hanover plant to build the ID Buzz ... the electric VW Bus.
It will be 2 feet longer than the old bus, and not as high (internally) as the Sprinter ,,, but maybe it'll grow.
(or they'll bring an electric Crafter into the US?)

Past:
VWbus.jpg

Future:
IDBuzz.jpg

--dick

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
I wrote...

Meanwhile ... VW is converting their Hanover plant to build the ID Buzz ... the electric VW Bus.
It will be 2 feet longer than the old bus, and not as high (internally) as the Sprinter ,,, but maybe it'll grow.
(or they'll bring an electric Crafter into the US?)

Past:
View attachment 151471

Future:
View attachment 151472

--dick
My next vehicle. if it ends up anything like the prototype.

First VW bus was a 67 that was bullet proof. Loaded a pallet load of used bricks in it. Something around 2500 lbs. Kept loading and looking at the rear swing axles. They never got horizontal so kept loading. Did not look at front until fully loaded. Front was extruding the rubber bump stops. Drove it slowly home because I did not want to unload part of the pallet. When I got home weighed a couple of bricks to determine the weight.

Second VW van was a new 72. That one was faster but it swallowed part of the carburetor and destroyed a piston.

Third van was a 78 Dodge Tradesman with a 318 V8 and 4 speed manual floor shift. Great van.

Then you get old and it looks like my wife will need to be in a wheel chair in a few years. Will need the large slider for access. Not good that we all have a "use by" date.

CactusJackSlade

The bigger issue is charging. Tesla's can recover about 4-miles of range per HOUR while charging on a 110/20 Amp circuit. At 240Volts, 30Amps you can get about 15 miles of range per hour. Rooftop solar won't generate nearly enough, so the question would be, even with a bigger battery, how do you recharge an RV in the middle of nowhere? There are not likely to be high capacity chargers anywhere fun.

We've ordered a gas Transit for these reasons!
From Tesla: The V3 Supercharger, which was unveiled Wednesday at the company’s Fremont, Calif. factory, supports a peak rate of up to 250 kilowatts on the long-range version of the Model 3. At this rate, the V3 can add up to 75 miles of range in 5 minutes, Tesla said.

Fred Jacome

Does anyone have an excel list on the options of then 2021 Ford Transit. I am looking to build an all season RV and I am not sure the difference of the Prep Packages 1) Motor-home Prep Package 2)RV Prep Package 3)Adventure Prep Package.

I was able to get this info in from the web, but it is not clear what will be the best packages or what else I should add.
If anyone had an axecel that compares this 3 packages could you please post it!

Thank you for all your help in advance,

Fred

The Motorhome Prep Package now includes Adaptive Cruise Control for added confidence on long trips. Customers can also choose an available new economy-rated version of the popular 3.5-liter EcoBoost® V6 engine designed to support high frontal area conversions like larger motorhomes.

The RV Prep Package includes driver-assist features including a side-sensing system and Adaptive Cruise Control, as well as a heavy-duty trailer tow offering so RV-ers can bring along bikes or other toys. Exterior enhancements include front fog lamps to help light up dark country roads. Inside, four-way manual swivel driver and passenger seats are standard, as is an eight-speaker sound system.

The Adventure Prep Package bundles together popular camper van options including all-wheel drive, 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6, 3.73:1 limited-slip differential rear axle, heavy-duty front axle and privacy glass. Driver-assist features include Adaptive Cruise Control, reverse and side-sensing systems, and Blind Spot Information System for peace of mind. And when standard technology includes an 8-inch color touch screen with SYNC® 3 and dual USB ports, power point and dual absorbent glass mat batteries, adventure doesn’t have to mean roughing it.

T town

All of the packages simply combine options that are available individually. There may be a slight savings if ordered as a package but there is nothing exclusive in any of them.
I am interested in the ambulance pkg which has dual alternators (you cannot split them however), dual coach batteries, etc... This pkg also has something you can’t get elsewhere; no stop start. There isn’t even a button to disable it because it’s just not there. I guess an ambulance doesn’t want to pull up somewhere with everything running and have the engine turn off.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
When I was picking up my Sprinter in San Diego a year ago - the maintenance yard had new electric Fords ready to put into service.
Out of curiosity I took a picture what's under the hood.
20191015_130533.jpg

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
When I was picking up my Sprinter in San Diego a year ago - the maintenance yard had new electric Fords ready to put into service.
Out of curiosity I took a picture what's under the hood.
View attachment 162090
That makes as much sense to me as my Sprinter's underhood would to a 19th century stablehand.
So when I buy an electric vehicle, it will be the first I have ever owned that I won't work on the powertrain myself.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
To be honest- my Sprinter limo had similar spaghetti under driver seat.
The US people who added front electric door, front refrigerator, 1/2 a dozen of disco lights, WIFI, 2 amplifiers and such - used on-line fuses regardless having additional house fuse panel with lot of empty slots.
So looks to me electrical spaghetti is American standart.

Top Bottom