Safe T Alert - Carbon monoxide Alarm

WinnieView1

They require 12 volts DC for operation and should be replaced every 5 years. They do include an (EOL) end of life alarm notification and should have a sticker on the back with a date code.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
As Winnie wrote, CO monitors have a working life (residential ones are 7 years).
When their internal timer expires, they stop working (after a few days of irritating beeping)

--dick

englewoodfl

Early 2006 T1N LTV Free Spirit
Went out this morning and the wall detector is beeping. Looks like it the original from build - numbers are BH-774712 (lot number?) and E-151570. I noticed that some of the replacement detectors are both carbon monoxide and propane detectors. What exact model should I buy - asking as there are many? This one is about 6 3/4" x 3 1/2" outside and about 5 1/2" x 3" x 1 1/2" for the detector body.

2006-carbon-monoxide-detector-front.jpg2006-carbon-monoxide-detector-back.jpg

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Your photo shows a red rubber-stamped date of Jan 19 200?
The front of the unit says "replace after 60 months" (5 years in my book).

Its fine whine (or beep) has turned to vinegar

If it was my choice, i'd probably opt for the dual sensor (just 'cuz), unless one was more than the combined expense of two detectors.

--dick

englewoodfl

Early 2006 T1N LTV Free Spirit
The CM has been replaced with a new one that was a exact replacement. The propane detector now after inverter and fuse board replacement has a green light and no warning about replacing it. Should I for safety or is it OK?

WinnieView1

The CM has been replaced with a new one that was a exact replacement. The propane detector now after inverter and fuse board replacement has a green light and no warning about replacing it. Should I for safety or is it OK?
We replace ours as recommended by the manufacturer and never second guess safety.

Moos

Thank you all for your help ! After checking the fuse panel under the closet, the fuse was missing. It is working now.

Top Bottom