Where to buy quality copper cable for solar in Canada?

Winterbagoal

2018 Winnebago Navion 24V on a 2017 Cab Chassis
Just a guess, but maybe Princess Auto? Ask a local welding shop or battery retailer where they get theirs from.

Fanto

I'm in Quebec.

Do you really need a marine wire for this type of connection? I understand that part of the cable could be exposed to water on the roof but is it overkill? Almost $150 more than a regular cable like this one:

- Regular cable -

gltrimble

2017 170 4x4
Hi there,

About to install my first solar panel.

I am following @asimba2 on Youtube and he uses 8/2 AWG Duplex AC Marine Wire Tinned Copper Boat Cable from the solar panel into the van and to the charge controller.

Now this cable alone is $265.

Does anyone know a cheaper place where I can get a high-quality copper cable for my solar panel?

Can be online or a physical store, thanks.
WOW! The same wire on US Amazon is $36 for 10 feet which is also overpriced. Do you really need 8/2? 500+ watts of solar?

autostaretx

Erratic Member

Fanto

Wanted to have the possibility of upgrading my panel in the future without having to rewire. Currently have 1x 370w panel.

WOW! The same wire on US Amazon is $36 for 10 feet which is also overpriced. Do you really need 8/2? 500+ watts of solar?

wquek

Work in progress
Decided to go with Ancor Marine Grade 10/2 based on forum feedback. Thanks.
Didn't see this until now. Binnacle.ca carries the Ancor marine cables. Also, the cables should be UV rated as the sun really can do a number on the insulation. If it is not UV rated, you can always loom it.

cobratom

UndermountAC.com
For future reference we sell quality (not chinese) Service Solar rooftop kits for USD $69.99 including UPS shipping and we are located in Canada:

Top Bottom