Product Recommendation | Leveling Blocks

paintrain

Gettin' jiggy, gettin' level. I'm a nerd for efficient, well made products.

Holyhell these things are fantastic! So smooth!

Just back from Gunnison NF here in CO and tried our new Andersen Hitches leveling blocks.

Pic of "LuvLite" post simple roll up and on to the block - HERE. -- -- :dance:

We bought ours off of Amazon.

Cheers. :drink:

pfflyer

I looked at those. Most of the time we need to lift 2 or more wheels and at different heights. How do you raise 2 wheels at different levels? Seems I rarely need to lift just one wheel or two at the same rate.

Tiny Travels

2017 170"ext, 4x4, 2500
I looked at those. Most of the time we need to lift 2 or more wheels and at different heights. How do you raise 2 wheels at different levels? Seems I rarely need to lift just one wheel or two at the same rate.
So each wheel needs two items to be raised. One item is the smaller, wedge shaped piece. The other item is the longer, rounded (cupped/bowled) piece with the holes. You mate the two pieces together by nesting the long piece on top of the short piece.

The closer to the short piece that you place the long piece, the higher you are lifting that wheel. Said another way, the deeper under the long piece that you place the small wedge, the higher it will lift.
So the closer to the center-line of the assembly that you place the smaller wedge piece, in relation to the long piece, the higher you lift.

I had the same type of leveling blocks provided with a van that I rented once. They were okay. It was a little unnerving to think that if the two pieces somehow slid apart (they are smooth plastic, without any retaining pins or features), the vehicle would drop to the ground.
I didn't stay in one place long enough to really verify whether or not the two pieces would settle overtime and lower the vehicle. I'd imagine that they would, but that it would take a while or a lot of vibration/rocking of the vehicle.

TL;DR - They are adjustable for height and that kit includes the pieces necessary to lift two wheels at heights independent of one another.

asimba2

ourkaravan.com
I always seem to end up staying on the side of a cliff. Lots of block options out there; these cheapies have worked fine for me.

pfflyer

So each wheel needs two items to be raised. One item is the smaller, wedge shaped piece. The other item is the longer, rounded (cupped/bowled) piece with the holes. You mate the two pieces together by nesting the long piece on top of the short piece.

The closer to the short piece that you place the long piece, the higher you are lifting that wheel. Said another way, the deeper under the long piece that you place the small wedge, the higher it will lift.
So the closer to the center-line of the assembly that you place the smaller wedge piece, in relation to the long piece, the higher you lift.

I had the same type of leveling blocks provided with a van that I rented once. They were okay. It was a little unnerving to think that if the two pieces somehow slid apart (they are smooth plastic, without any retaining pins or features), the vehicle would drop to the ground.
I didn't stay in one place long enough to really verify whether or not the two pieces would settle overtime and lower the vehicle. I'd imagine that they would, but that it would take a while or a lot of vibration/rocking of the vehicle.

TL;DR - They are adjustable for height and that kit includes the pieces necessary to lift two wheels at heights independent of one another.
That isn’t the way I understand it works unless you are leaving out the driving up longer piece before you insert the shorter one. The videos I have seen you drive up on the longer section. The farther you go the more lift. When you reach the desired height you wedge the smaller one underneath. If both front tires need to be raised 2” no issue. Put the longer piece under both front tires and drive up till you get to 2” and then wedge both wheels. If one wheel needs to be raised 2” and the other 3” you would put the long piece under the 3” tire and then I guess you would need to set the other 1” in front of the tire you need to raise 2”. Not sure if that is what you would do or how accurate it would be that way. We rarely need to raise just one wheel or two the same. That is why I was asking.
Here is a review of these levelers on a class B. This is maybe why I haven't tried them. If I had a trailer these would be a no brainer.

pfflyer

I always seem to end up staying on the side of a cliff. Lots of block options out there; these cheapies have worked fine for me.

How did you get up on those blocks? Never been that high but to get it there by the instruction it would take 10 or more to build up a ramp. These lego style blocks have worked for me as well. Had to get 2 sets of 10 for dual rear tires. I have used all of them at one time but it was for 2 or 3 corners.

asimba2

ourkaravan.com
How did you get up on those blocks?
I used that rock that was sitting next to the blocks to ramp up. I could have used more blocks to ramp up to the five blocks under the tire, but I'm lazy. I generally find I can drive up 3 blocks (under one wheel) without needing any help from rocks or other blocks. -ken

Top Bottom