Clunk

Akor

I’ve got a 2019 4x4 and have been experiencing a clunk/jolt/lag intermittently. It happens when I am slowly accelerating around 1700 rpm and about 40-50 mph. I’ve got an appointment with the dealer in a few weeks but wondering if anybody else out there had experienced anything similar.

Sctn

2019 170 4x4 Crew-SMB West
Search it. It’s a thing. A few threads on it. Mines in shop for it now. Had to find a dealer who would do it.

Sctn

2019 170 4x4 Crew-SMB West
Search it. It’s a thing. A few threads on it. Mines in shop for it now. Had to find a dealer who would do it.
Actually...re reading your post. The common clunk that I was referring to happens at a slow speed for myself. Pulling out or going from reverse to drive. I have not experienced it at your listed speeds. Happens almost every time if car is moving, let off the acceleration and then re apply acceleration for myself.

Last edited:

batboy

I just picked up my new 2020 Sprinter 144 4x4 Cargo a few days ago. When I turned right out of the dealership, Clunk!. then it didn't happen again. I'm glad I read this

Akor

I just picked up my new 2020 Sprinter 144 4x4 Cargo a few days ago. When I turned right out of the dealership, Clunk!. then it didn't happen again. I'm glad I read this
Just looked up the pedal box. Those sound great! On my list of things to do now.

marsay

Have the same issue. I get a mild clunk when shifting from P to D, but also get a clunk / slight hesitation that almost feels like a hard shift between 2nd & 3rd if I'm light on the throttle. Headed to the dealer this week. @FlaJoe I'm curious if using the pedal box could void the warranty? The trans would be a REAL expensive repair if the pedal box could be arguably blamed.

Top Bottom