2010 Sprinter 3500 it starts but wont turn ON at all

joseknh

Hello and thanks alot for your feeds in advance. I have a 2010 MB Sprinter 3500 dually. The van starts/crank but does not turn on. I have put starting fluid and even like that it doesn’t even makes sounds of turning ON. Starters is good battery is good been tested both. I have no clue what can be wrong with it. Thanks for your help.

hippy

Hardware Modifier
I'd get it plugged in an diagnostic done before replacement of any parts.
Has it had a new dashboard ?
Try the drain at the bottom of the fuel filter to check fuel is getting up there.

sparkplug

Has any work been done to the van recently?

Have you changed anything since it last worked normally?

When did it last work normally?

Have you filled it with fuel shortly before it stopped working?

joseknh

Ok so it does have over half a tank so theres plenty of Diesel in it. I test every single glow plug and they all light up. Also new Fuel Filter/ Air Filter new/ starter tested good. Battery is fully charge. I see fuel going thru the injectors. But does anyone knows what pressure I need for the fuel. Thank You.

Andrew_T

Check the camshaft positioning sensor.
To your other question, I see 3700-4000 psi fuel rail pressure at idle.

joseknh

Ok so I replace the camshaft sensor. Also fuel pressure from pump to fuel filter is 5000-5500psi. Still just cranks but no start

joseknh

Im going to try the fuel rail tomorrow but will see what happens. Thanks for all yall help im just trying to learn :thinking: and Hopefully later on someone can learn from it too

turbo911

do you have a code reader? what are the dtc's ? my thoughts are crank sensor which on some models was a recall item. was it ever replaced. your manufacture will determine by vin whether you need the recall performed. sidenote i just replaced a throttle body, after i completed the job the van would start then die in 3 seconds. i checked for trouble codes and low boost P0237(low boost pressure) cleared code van started no problem. check your codes. write them down for reference then clear codes and see if it will start

Top Bottom