Print feature?

sprint2freedom

2008 NCV3 170ext
The old forum used to have a way to quickly collapse all the pages of a thread into a single page with the forum UI hidden. A useful thread could then be printed to a PDF file and stored offline for future reference. I really miss this feature as I'm now copying and pasting the text only from each page and then trying to save images one by one alongside the text.

When I use my browser's Print feature with the new forum I'm only getting 1 (printed) page of the first (forum) page of the thread, then a blank page after that. Yet there is a whole toolbar along the bottom to share a thread on no less than six social media sites, something I can't see much point in doing.. Does no one print anymore? :unsure:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I turned off the six social media site links as I only noticed it now (don't use them).

As for printing, currently there is none that I can find for this forum software. Only way to do it is how you described it as printing each page separately. I don't think it's that hard, is it?

For me, I don't print anything anymore (I do print to pdf on those rare occasions). I do have a cheap tablet that I refer back to (if I need it) or I memorize the important points of the job. During breaks (like waiting for the oil to drain), I would refer back but again I memorize and psych myself out before the job.

Last edited:

sprint2freedom

2008 NCV3 170ext
Even printing each page separately doesn't actually work. I only get the first part of the first post and then a blank page after that..

I've only ever printed to PDF. My objective is less about having a reference while performing repairs and more about having useful information from forum threads saved offline before I need it in case I end up stranded somewhere without internet.

Would something like this work?

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Even printing each page separately doesn't actually work. I only get the first part of the first post and then a blank page after that..

Would something like this work?
It will not work because we're on Version 2. The add-on is for Version 1.

When I use Chrome or Firefox, I have no issues printing to PDF.

BUSYBOB

2015 LTV Unity TB
sprint2freedom, I had a similar concern about trying to print and condense multiple pages (Copying multiple pages of a Post -- 6/15/2020). You could try the Snipping Tool that is listed under Windows Accessories. This feature allows you to copy and save select portions or pages of a Post. Not as convenient as the old forum that I miss.

Top Bottom