Head lining spruce up

stellamon

My head lining stain looked like it was caused by a rusty internal windscreen frame. Fortunately not i'm glad to say. Frame looks pucker.
Removed the lining and hoovered the top to remove dust, scrubbed the stain with some washing up liquid and laundry cleaner mix and not a bad result:

Skippy and Emu

Looks good now, but don't you have to find the reason for the original staining ? I am guessing you never want to have to take it down again !

stellamon

Staining must have been from previous water ingress due to the rusty exterior windscreen frame. I sorted the exterior out earlier this year and ended up having a new windscreen fitted in the process.

Kim_Marcus

Kim Possible 2004 2500 SR
I am dreading taking out the headliner. Was it difficult? Did you break the fasteners? Will I need a lot of strength? Any tips on that front?

I am dreading taking out the headliner. Was it difficult? Did you break the fasteners? Will I need a lot of strength? Any tips on that front?
I cleaned the stains on my 2004 without removing the headliner. I used Orange Hand Cleaner full strength... maybe with minimal water, but not much... and a brush. Rinse water after. Put some drop cloth under the work area.

:2cents: vic

bcman

Couple of good write-ups here:
The screws are all T20, not T9 as in HKPierce's write-up. I think the hardest part is reinstalling the B-pillar trim, as it includes the large buttons for the seat belt height adjustments. It'll help a little to drop both seatbelts to the lowest height before removal. You'll still have to hold the buttons up while placing the sliding seat belt slot at just the right height.
There are 4 plastic clips along the back edge of the headliner that are likely to break when removed. They're Mercedes part A0089880978; I'd order a new set of 4 just in case.

Kim_Marcus

Kim Possible 2004 2500 SR
Couple of good write-ups here:
The screws are all T20, not T9 as in HKPierce's write-up. I think the hardest part is reinstalling the B-pillar trim, as it includes the large buttons for the seat belt height adjustments. It'll help a little to drop both seatbelts to the lowest height before removal. You'll still have to hold the buttons up while placing the sliding seat belt slot at just the right height.
There are 4 plastic clips along the back edge of the headliner that are likely to break when removed. They're Mercedes part A0089880978; I'd order a new set of 4 just in case.
Thanks. I make a diligent effort to find the information before posting questions. I appreciate your effort to provide me with both the links to the write ups and part number and advice. Can't wait for the weather to be kinder so I can it outside and do this. :thumbup:

Top Bottom