Need torque specs for T1N Transmission oil pan and torque converter,....searched, did not find.

bcolins

2004 158" Vista Cruiser
Hi all, I am in the middle of a trans fluid and filter change. Also changed the electrical connector. I took a break 45 minutes ago to get the pan torque specs, and have not been able to find them....Need specs for trans oil pan bolts, Trans drain plug and torque converter drain plug.

Thanks in advance,
Brian in Austin

bcolins

2004 158" Vista Cruiser
Anyone? I need to button this up in the next hour and get the van back to my storage lot.

Alphacarina

2006 Itasca Navion 23H
I just snugged mine down tight with a 3/8ths ratchet when I did mine. So long as you don't round over your allen wrench, I don't think you can over torque the torque converter drain plug. Mine was super tight from the factory (pretty sure it had never been out, only 21,000 miles on it)

Don

I agree with the feel method. The pan bolts hold the spacer blocks into place. The blocks automatically set the proper spacing for the reusable rubber seal. Tight enough. Don't strip them.

Same with the torque converter drain bolt. Tight enough. Don't strip it.

I did find this.

Connector body install
"Use ATF to lube the new O-rings -also lube the exterior of the new socket and carefully align the 3 indexing slots. They will assure subsequent correct alignment of the delicate elec pins within the socket holes. Once the slots are aligned exert pressure (don't worry you won't harm it) on the socket's outer end - the o-rings will compress and the socket will "pop" into position. Make certain its fully seated then tighten the small bolt to correct torque. Using a stubby 1/4" drive wrench w/7mm socket- only about 22 in./lbs. is sufficient (gentle hand torque-if you lack a small torque wrench)." Doktor A

I cleaned everything on the transmission thoroughly, pan, above pan and everywhere I could reach. I dropped the pan, changed the fluid from pan and converter, changed strainer, used new rubber gasket.
Torqued the bolts 70in/lbs.

:2cents: vic

jrod5150

My good deed for the day. Not needed as posted above

“ Bolts Oil pan NM 8 inch lbs 71”
“Plug oil pan” 20nm 177 inch lbs”

Dont know about the torque converter drain bolt maybe its the same as the trans pan drain bolt. Dont see in on the list.

220817a

Independent & Self Reliant - From Chattanooga TN
Hi all, I am in the middle of a trans fluid and filter change. Also changed the electrical connector. I took a break 45 minutes ago to get the pan torque specs, and have not been able to find them....Need specs for trans oil pan bolts, Trans drain plug and torque converter drain plug.

Thanks in advance,
Brian in Austin
Here is the official info for you...

Attachments

pman

130 in/lbs torque converter drain bolt, 177 in/lbs trans drain bolt, 22in/lbs 7mm captive bolt electrical connector, 71in/lbs 6 trans pan bolts, 71 in/lbs 10 valve body bolts, 71 in/lbs 3 solenoid retaining clip bolts

Top Bottom