Mounting a ladder on the rear door.

Grouser

Live free,,, or die fighting for it,,,, no2 woke
looking at a stainless steel ladder designed to hook over the top of the door, then bolt to the bottom of the door. Wondering about the weight restrictions on the hinges of the doors. this unit can be upgraded to carry bicycles, two of them. That even adds more weight to the door hinges. but the convenience of the bicycle rack versus the way I'm doing it now is tempting. What do you guys think? How much weight can those hinges take? Am I asking for bigger troubles down the road?

skier1950

Go to Owlvans.com videos. They show them lifting a Sprinter off the ground by the rear door hinges. They also have a killer ladder/storage unit that is the bomb. I currently installed a spare tire carrier that is solely supported by the door hinges. I love it!

Grouser

Live free,,, or die fighting for it,,,, no2 woke
I should have stated that it was a t1n 2006. I don't see anything for that model year on that site you told me about,,, thanks appreciate the help

I added a Prime Design ladder that sits on the top/bottom lip with tension control bolt on the bottom. I have not seen any other ones as nice and easy to install than Prime Design.

Top Bottom