where best to get Mercedes grill

sassmatt72

2006 high top long, Fully converted by me
I wanna get rid of my old cracked Dodge grill, where is best to buy a Mercedes replacement/sap grill??? (quality). . . ?
thx, Matt

Colorado_Al

This is one that does not require a painted trim piece:

Just remove yours, and the chrome strip on the lip of the hood, and screw this one in.

trc.rhubarb

IMO - the best grille is OE after staring at a lot of aftermarket ones for a couple of years.
I got mine from Joel @MillionMileSprinter just Friday and put it on today. It's more money than above but it comes from Mercedes vs aftermarket.

Fit is perfect. In fact, it fits much better than the OE Dodge grill that's been there since 2003.
Gaps are better and there is no rattle at all... likely age related on the dodge one.

It is in 3 pieces - bezel (primed black sheet metal and needs painting) grill (black plastic) and the star (hasn't actually arrived yet due to UPS delays)
a wipe down with brake cleaner then alcohol & 4 coats of satin black spraypaint while removing the old glue off the hood and all was good to go.

The hardest part by a longshot is the glue removal. Heat, various chemicals ranging from Brake cleaner, wd40, goof off and finally grezoff + plastic scrapers got me in a good enough for the condition of the rest of my hood place.

sassmatt72

2006 high top long, Fully converted by me
"painted trim piece"??? Oh shit, I may have screwed up. lol

trc.rhubarb

And I looked on MMS but didn't find it. damn.
Just in case things don't work out and you end up returning whatever you did get.

Top Bottom