Can I add auxiliary gas line for heater on 2019 2.0 gas engine

Alexgavic

Hey guys,
Just found out there is no auxiliary gas line on the gas sending unit of my 2019 2.0 turbo gas engine. Does anyone know if there is a port that I can add a line on the sending unit before I drive my tank to empty and drop the tank in the driveway?!!
please help!!!
So much thanks!

alex

ddunaway

If you are a serious heater user (ski fanatic) consider adding another tank to run diesel or kerosene. Those gas versions soot up a lot faster and seem super finicky. At the very least, put it somewhere you can easily pull it for maintenance.

Alexgavic

If you are a serious heater user (ski fanatic) consider adding another tank to run diesel or kerosene. Those gas versions soot up a lot faster and seem super finicky. At the very least, put it somewhere you can easily pull it for maintenance.
Thanks! Do you know if the gas model fuel sending unit has the capability to do an in line heater?
I planned to install it under the passenger seat

avanti

2014 GWV Legend 3500 I4
Can you say more about this? I am considering such a heater in my next rig (which will certainly NOT be diesel). I keep hearing this claim, but almost always from folk who don't own a gas heater. Actual owners that I have been able to locate seem generally happy.

When you say "those gas versions", what exactly are you referring to? Versions of what? Or are all gas heaters problematic? The petrol and diesel versions of the Espar heaters are nearly identical (to the extent that they share a parts diagram).

I wish to emphasize that I am NOT trying to be argumentative. It is just that this keeps coming up, but is almost always short on specifics. I am trying to determine whether or not we are dealing with an Internet myth.

Any actual data from actual owners?

T town

I’ve always heard the other way around.

ddunaway

Can you say more about this? I am considering such a heater in my next rig (which will certainly NOT be diesel). I keep hearing this claim, but almost always from folk who don't own a gas heater. Actual owners that I have been able to locate seem generally happy.

When you say "those gas versions", what exactly are you referring to? Versions of what? Or are all gas heaters problematic? The petrol and diesel versions of the Espar heaters are nearly identical (to the extent that they share a parts diagram).

I wish to emphasize that I am NOT trying to be argumentative. It is just that this keeps coming up, but is almost always short on specifics. I am trying to determine whether or not we are dealing with an Internet myth.

Any actual data from actual owners?
So I spend a lot of time winter camping and skiing in my van with my friends who have a Promaster. They have a gas Webasto. His was turning off a lot. He eventually pulled out the muffler and now only runs it on high to try and avoid sooting. He cannot really leave it on at night because it would get too hot. When he has taken it apart for maintenance it was completely sooted......like 1/8 in of unremovable black stuff. This heater does not have an altitude sensor .....just adjusted to run lean at altitude I think.

In contrast, I have a diesel espar D2. I just set the temp ......run it all night on low to prevent freezing. I did have some turn off problems too related to my long exhaust run (had a low spot collecting water). Anyway, I took it apart looking for soot and to do the maintenance after several years of heavy use. There was almost no carbon buildup. This heater has a high altitude sensor that auto adjusts fuel .

This is just a description of 2 experiences.

ddunaway

Hey guys,
Just found out there is no auxiliary gas line on the gas sending unit of my 2019 2.0 turbo gas engine. Does anyone know if there is a port that I can add a line on the sending unit before I drive my tank to empty and drop the tank in the driveway?!!
please help!!!
So much thanks!

alex
Have you actually looked on top of the tank to see if there is a tube coming off to the side with the removable dorman connector? On the diesel version it is toward the front coming off toward the drivers side.

Top Bottom