noise after the engine is warm (15 min)

bezzat

hi
i have problem with my car
after the engine is worm i Listen
Hears a jarring sound in the ear

I know it's hard to guess what it could be but still ..
All Pulley Replaced only left air conditioner compressor pulley, alternator and upper water pump (heating) not replaced

that I give a 1500 rpm accelerator and the noise increases

The vehicle did 300K km
There are ideas of which direction to go ?
TNK

Last edited:

Eric Experience

Bezzat,
To find out where the noise is coming from warm the engine then remove the fan belt and run it again. If the noise stops you know it is one of the pulleys. Eric

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
Agreed, the sound is most likely coming from a bad bearing on one of your serpentine belt pullies. You may not be able to spin them a fast as the engine can, but you may feel some dragging or resistance even if you can’t reproduce the sound.

bezzat

Agreed, the sound is most likely coming from a bad bearing on one of your serpentine belt pullies. You may not be able to spin them a fast as the engine can, but you may feel some dragging or resistance even if you can’t reproduce the sound.
I really hope it's from there - I wish, even though I have a doubt,
I'll get home ... the vehicle will heat up, turn off the engine and lower the belt and then I will hear

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
You can only run the engine for about 40 to 50 seconds with the belt off. Any longer risks overheating damage. So just be aware.

jrod5150

I had one recently with a noisy balancer. It’s posted on my IG valleyautosalesinc the balancer looked good but it was failing in a way that it had the drive belt running up against it. Shooting a little wd40 on to the edge would quiet it down for 30 seconds untill the wd dried out.

bezzat

update...
i have still noise after i removing the belt
The question now is how to identify what the cause is?

BrennWagon

If the noise is still present with the serpentine belt removed, it’s probably your harmonic balancer

marklg

See the video here where I move it by hand with the engine off:

The sound is unique. Try moving it the same way with the engine off. It should not be loose.

Regards,

Mark

BrennWagon

If the noise is gone after removing the belt, then one of the driven accessories or idler pulleys is the source of the sound. With the engine warm and off, remove the serp belt and spin everything by hand. If you feel resistance in a pulley, the bearings are probably shot. The alternator should be able to spin relatively freely in one direction and not in the other direction. One thing you can try while warming up the engine is to engage and disengage the AC compressor to see if that’s having any effect on the noise

B

billintomahawk

I had a noise like you describe. Take a hard look at the belt tension pulley.
Mine would howl and cry like baby shortly after start up as the engine warmed up.

bill in tomahawk

bezzat

I had a noise like you describe. Take a hard look at the belt tension pulley.
Mine would howl and cry like baby shortly after start up as the engine warmed up.

bill in tomahawk
its replace two years ago ... but i have the old one
and I CHECK ALL PULLEY No one looked suspicious

Eric Experience

Bezzat,
Remove the pulleys one at a time and spin them in your hands, you must find it, with the ac unit move the pulley while pulling sideways to find any slop in the bearing. Eric.

B

billintomahawk

its replace two years ago ... but i have the old one
and I CHECK ALL PULLEY No one looked suspicious
My problem was not the pulley but the tension mechanism itself. Pulley was normal.

bill

bezzat

My problem was not the pulley but the tension mechanism itself. Pulley was normal.

bill
hi
i checked the pulley is good

I'm afraid what you're saying makes sense ...
A friend of mine recently installed a new tension
And when the engine is running the tension moves while from side to side

Is that how it should be ?

Top Bottom