Suggested Wiring Plan

CheckMax

Hi All,
Looking for some advice on wiring plans. I am trying to avoid pangs of anxiety as I piece through all the requirements for my "weekender" outfit. I have a 2015 4x4 passenger van which I am trying to keep factory trim as much as possible. I plan to do the following mods (unlikely all at once) and am trying to consider where best to run my electrical and power hookups. Right now I have a factory aux battery connected to a BlueSea fuse panel under the driver's seat. Accessing under the seat is a bit of hassle. I am concerned with more connections it will prove to be very inconvenient. Install plans are:

1) Portable fridge/freezer (already in)
2) Water pump to run shower (plug in now), would like to set-up dedicated circuit
3) Under body air with horn (to be added)
4) Sound upgrade - new HU, powered sub and upgrade of existing factory speakers with component speakers (using separate amp)
5) Espar Heater (leaning towards D4 for sub zero temps and passenger van); have to check on run time with chassis battery
6) Driving lights - not sure which but would like to add either separate rounds or a light bar. (A rear fog included)
7) The usual assortment of charge plugs for phones, laptops etc
8) MaxxAir fan (to be installed)
9) Solar panel at some point to address engine off power needs.
10) Replace/Augment Aux battery (under hood) with under body tray.

Phew - and I have not nor plan to get into any heavy camping electrical needs.

Anyone have suggestions where best to run these power connections? Is under the driver seat practical? I was thinking passenger seat but that will house the Espar. One thought was under the dash in front of passenger. I would like to avoid enclosures but would consider a panel as long as I can keep the functionality and flexibility of using all the bench seats when hauling people.

Hopefully this isn't too much of an open-ended post question. Any thoughts on what to do or not to do are much appreciated.
Thanks

sprinterPaul

Hi All,
Looking for some advice on wiring plans. I am trying to avoid pangs of anxiety as I piece through all the requirements for my "weekender" outfit. I have a 2015 4x4 passenger van which I am trying to keep factory trim as much as possible. I plan to do the following mods (unlikely all at once) and am trying to consider where best to run my electrical and power hookups. Right now I have a factory aux battery connected to a BlueSea fuse panel under the driver's seat. Accessing under the seat is a bit of hassle. I am concerned with more connections it will prove to be very inconvenient. Install plans are:

1) Portable fridge/freezer (already in)
2) Water pump to run shower (plug in now), would like to set-up dedicated circuit
3) Under body air with horn (to be added)
4) Sound upgrade - new HU, powered sub and upgrade of existing factory speakers with component speakers (using separate amp)
5) Espar Heater (leaning towards D4 for sub zero temps and passenger van); have to check on run time with chassis battery
6) Driving lights - not sure which but would like to add either separate rounds or a light bar. (A rear fog included)
7) The usual assortment of charge plugs for phones, laptops etc
8) MaxxAir fan (to be installed)
9) Solar panel at some point to address engine off power needs.
10) Replace/Augment Aux battery (under hood) with under body tray.

Phew - and I have not nor plan to get into any heavy camping electrical needs.

Anyone have suggestions where best to run these power connections? Is under the driver seat practical? I was thinking passenger seat but that will house the Espar. One thought was under the dash in front of passenger. I would like to avoid enclosures but would consider a panel as long as I can keep the functionality and flexibility of using all the bench seats when hauling people.

Hopefully this isn't too much of an open-ended post question. Any thoughts on what to do or not to do are much appreciated.
Thanks

You are already into heavy camping needs once you add the fridge, fan, air, water pump.....

I added a factory fuse block to the driver pedestal. easy to access all the fuses. PITA for wiring...but once labeled and wrapped up you don't have to go in there. Running wires from the floor channel or down the boot to the under van (for compressed air ) is easy..

these days lithiums have gotten cheaper.. Costco was selling the LION energy batteries for a good price.. lots of run time and fast to charge.

enjoy!

Paul

CheckMax

Thanks. I guess the seat pedestal it is. i may run switched to the dahboard and blank locations. Any recommendations/experiences with Li batteries? My main challenge is very cold weather conditions and keeping batteries warm (a battery for the battery heater?🙄)

IPT

This thread was just talking about the battery deal. I have the same issue, cold. I also have an Espar S2, Maxair fan and some lights. Plan to add a 12v cooler soon. I think i am going to go with the standard 2 6v batteries in the factory location and see if we can get by with that doubling of our power. If I can make that last even a few years I think the technology will be better and cheaper. Our expense for double our capacity now is not astronomical and we're conservative so it might just be enough. If not I suspect we will go Lithium down the road.

Top Bottom