Confidence in 4 cyl gas Sprinter (2019 M2CA7G) for full build-out

Surfawave69

We've just completed our build-out on our 2019 4cylinder 2 L 9-Speed Automatic RWD van.

Reaching out to others that may have the same model and if you've had any anxiety that this bad-ass little engine might be awesome, but not perform well over time because of the weight. Thankful that the transmission has been a champ though.

Anyone have any perspective they can speak on about the reliability and longevity of this new little gas engine?

Alexgavic

Did you add a auxiliary gas line for a heater??? Looking for info if it has a spot for the port to self tap before I drop the tank.
Thanks!

Bobnoxious

Adeptus Trollarium
We've just completed our build-out on our 2019 4cylinder 2 L 9-Speed Automatic RWD van.

Reaching out to others that may have the same model and if you've had any anxiety that this bad-ass little engine might be awesome, but not perform well over time because of the weight. Thankful that the transmission has been a champ though.

Anyone have any perspective they can speak on about the reliability and longevity of this new little gas engine?
It all about driving habits. That's a lot weight for the itty-bitty engine.

To conserve fuel, I'd jettison everything I don't use or need.

Wrinkledpants

The motor isn't new - it's been in the MB lineup for awhile in various iterations. For the sprinter, it's detuned slightly knowing that it could see a lot of hard work. Same with the V6 - it's detuned compared to the car versions.

Stay on the oil changes, and maybe consider going to a 10K change interval (assuming it's not that already). Warm up the engine with gently driving before going 100% load (like climbing a mountain at 70 mph with your foot to the floor). Don't let it idle to warm up - start and drive off. Stay on top of maintenance - to include plug changes. It's the same size and almost exactly the same power output as the 2.0 Diesel engine. People loved that motor and few would complain that it lacked power. Ignoring the catastrophic failures and bad luck, I'm sure this motor will outlast the rest of the van.

Surfawave69

Did you add a auxiliary gas line for a heater??? Looking for info if it has a spot for the port to self tap before I drop the tank.
Thanks!
No
It all about driving habits. That's a lot weight for the itty-bitty engine.

To conserve fuel, I'd jettison everything I don't use or need.
True...will go to the scales in the next few weeks to check it out.

The motor isn't new - it's been in the MB lineup for awhile in various iterations. For the sprinter, it's detuned slightly knowing that it could see a lot of hard work. Same with the V6 - it's detuned compared to the car versions.

Stay on the oil changes, and maybe consider going to a 10K change interval (assuming it's not that already). Warm up the engine with gently driving before going 100% load (like climbing a mountain at 70 mph with your foot to the floor). Don't let it idle to warm up - start and drive off. Stay on top of maintenance - to include plug changes. It's the same size and almost exactly the same power output as the 2.0 Diesel engine. People loved that motor and few would complain that it lacked power. Ignoring the catastrophic failures and bad luck, I'm sure this motor will outlast the rest of the van.
Thanks for the reassurance....loving this van. 10k makes sense.

Top Bottom