Winnebago Navion 2021 - Metal Valve Stems for rear inside tires

Kerryman

Hello,
I have trouble accessing the rear inside tire valves. I have tried two different valve extension kits, both leaked. Mercedes nor Winnebago dealer have any useful advice. The Lichtsinn RV dealer has great videos, one on this topic:

I am looking for the brand and part # for metal tire values which will fit the Navion 16 steel inter-wheel. Calls and email to Lichtsinn have not been answered.
We have installed a TPMS which provides monitoring of tire pressure and temp. The extensions on the rubber tire value have leaked and deflated the tires. Without valve extensions, adding air is extremely difficult.

maasthor

Go to yourtireshopsupply.com and get the dually valve stems for your wheels. Need to tell them if you have steel inner wheels, which likely you do. they are fantastic; you need to have them installed by a good tire shop, that does trucks. once installed you'll be set. do NOT use extenders. you want solid valve stems from the inner wheel to outside, and they are kept snug in a rubber gasket supplied with the stems, made to fit your wheels.

Kerryman

Hello,
Thanks for the help.
I used the link from massthor, yourtireshopsupply.com. Called Kelly @ 818-352-8717 x111. She is the dually person.

Ordered https://yourtireshopsupply.com/advanced_search_result?keywords=dl1spal
Kit # DL1SPAL @$120.00 and $9 for two day shipment. Kit of four valves two inside, 6 inch, with hangers, two outside bent for easy access.
She recommends having the installation done by TRUCK tire shops, not automobile tire shops. She has seen installation cost range from $15 to $35 per tire.

RV: 2021 Winnebago Navion with 2020 Mercedes Sprinter 3500.

Thanks again for the support.
Best,
Kerry

Kerryman

FYI, the new valve stems have been installed on the rear wheels. Williams Tire in North Charleston, SC did a great job! $20 per tire. Now I can access the tire valves to monitor and maintain the correct pressure. I think these should be Winnebago standard equipment.

Philip53

2021 2500 Sprinter 170, 4 cyl gas
Be EXTRA careful regarding the SS wheel cover when using the extended stems. The holes in the cover have very sharp edges, and even though I realized the potential problem and thought that I was monitoring the issue, one of the brass stems was worn through to the air passage in the stem, and created a moderate leak. I was on I-20 near Midland, TX when my TPMS alarm went off. Luckily I have an on board air compressor and was able to get to a tire store to have it repaired. Even though the rubber spacers in the dually kits supposedly locate the valve stem in the center of the rim, the outer SS covers can rub against them--it doesn't take much! Make some additional rubber covers for the stems where the covers would touch, or some type of extra protection.

Last edited:

az7000'

2007 Navion on a 2006 3500 chassis
Anyone know where to get the OEM plastic extenders? Thinking about replacing them 14 years in... I just use the "truckers" air chuck and gauge and haven't had any issues yet

Kerryman

Top Bottom